Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia performance against Florida another strong reminder that offense beats defense

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia performance against Florida another strong reminder that offense beats defense

For the third consecutive time Georgia has faced an elite passing offense, the Georgia defense got torn to shreds. Dating back to the LSU game last December, the Georgia defense has been no match for the offenses in college football. On Saturday, Kyle Trask threw for a career-best 474 yards and 4 touchdowns. It was

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Offense beats defense. Pretty much what us know nothing fans have been screaming all year. Now if only a certain HC would listen. SMH.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Too many silly mistakes on defense and only a handful of good offensive plays= a loss to a good team

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Also meant to add. I don’t want to hear from the media anymore about our elite defense. We have been thoroughly and completely exposed by the only two decent offenses we have played all year!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bama torched our defense when it was at full strength for throw after throw...Gators pretty much did the same even with Pitts out in the 2nd half. Wheel routes, across the middle, on the sideline...it didn't matter for these teams. Injuries are one thing, but looking completely lost on defense is another.

Offensively we've got a long way to go. Sorry to hear about Bennett. In either case as Smart says, 'Next man up', and it needs to be Daniels or Beck. We've certainly got nothing to lose. Get another QB in there NOW!! We must give another QB a chance to try and prove themselves and get game experience before next season, so we can come out firing next season. Otherwise, we're back to square one next year. Bennett and Mathis are definitely not the answer.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby’s strategy is run the ball and stop the run. That’s it! That’s pee wee ball. I’m officially embarrassed by this program this year.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

If you don't have an elite QB in the SEC you will beat the low and compete with the mid-tier teams. But you will lose every time to the top tier. From what I have seen we have 4 backup QB's and zero SEC caliber starters on the team. That must change if the goal is to compete for championships.

• Options
    HunkerDawgHunkerDawg Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

It could also mean that Kirby should consider something other than blitzing and tight man coverage against the best passing attacks.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't understand why we never made adjustments on defense to defend against the wheel routes. It's like we've never seen a RB catch a pass before. They must have completed 8-10 of those. Also, I don't recall seeing our defensive line do the 4 man shift like they have done all year. In past games, it has made the offense jump offsides 2-3 per game.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2020

Funny how everyone in the country sees the QB problems at UGA, with the exception of the UGA HC..

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dawgs = Exposed

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

That's what we get for hiring a coordinator instead of a head coach. Alabama finally figured that out and hired Saban a true head coach in NCAA and NFL.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When I know what the "process" is, i might could trust it.

• Options
    SteveRSteveR Posts: 12 ✭✭ Sophomore

No wonder Trask put up Heisman numbers:

1. Little pressure on Trask
    2. Accurate passes thrown by Trask
    3. FL receivers making very athletic catches (some Pickens like)

It wasn't just FL had open receivers. GA had open receivers