Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart updates growing injury list with the latest on Stetson Bennett, Kendall Milton and Lewis

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart updates growing injury list with the latest on Stetson Bennett, Kendall Milton and Lewis Cine

As bad as the Kentucky game was from an injury standpoint, the Florida game appears to have been just as damaging for the Bulldogs. So much so that Georgia coach Kirby Smart's first comments on Monday were about the physical state of his team. "We have a dinged-up football team.  We have injuries in some tough

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

What is the specific injury to Pickens? ...besides "upper body".

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I went from elation on the new QB information to deflation with all of the injuries UGA is piling up like cord wood. It never ends. Mizzou will now be a much tougher opponent than it should be. You cannot lose your starters and be as good as expected. As so many are quick to reply: Next man up!

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There was an article that had more details a few weeks back. I don't remember the details exactly, but basically he pulled something in his chest during weight training/conditioning.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, such is football...good luck to all those injured players and here's to a speedy & full recovery!

We've got 4-5 more games this season. Whatever the outcomes of those games, this will give plenty of greenhorns the chance to show their wares and get some playing time before next season. Experience is important. There is some silver lining in this whole thing, but it's certainly not the one you'd like.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

Read between the lines. There is something else goin wrong with Pickens. He’s not happy with his action at UGA. Wouldn’t be surprised if he decides to transfer. I sure hope not. But something feels off.

• Options

Best wishes for speedy, and full recoveries for All these young men.

• Options

Another thing I can't understand about the targeting rule.. Why is it not considered targeting when an offensive player such as a RB lowers their head and initiates helmet to helmet contact with a defender.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good question 1SICem. My understanding is the rule was initially put into place to protect receivers and QB’s who often times were blind sided by pass rushers and defensive backs. Probably someone has a better explanation of the rule but that’s how I remember it being initiated.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As much as I want the Dawgs to win every game, if there is a silver lining, some young players are getting some valuable experience. This season may be a wash, but that doesn’t make our remaining games less important in preparation for the future. A good barometer of were our program is at is UF at 100% playing one game in three weeks got a “huge win” against the Dawgs MASH unit. If the Dawgs had won it would have been, “Oh well, so what. The Dawgs beat the Gators again.” I am excited about the rest of the season because it is a long time between January and August.

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

This team has earned everything it has gotten so far this season.... WHY you ask...let me be real frank WHY!!!

The SEC did UGA once again no favors by setting up what is the hardest road schedule and schedule in college football history...book it it's the GD truth.

1. The SEC had UGA playing Ark Away, then Aub & UT at home then travel to BAMA, KY, FL then once again all the way out to Mizzo for a 12pm barn burner... Any other team outside of BAMA and UF would have been at best 3-3 or worse... We are a disappointing 4-2 with no qb all freaking year, 2 starting receivers out for all and then now two games, injured running hacks, half the starting Def injured and we still have 4 or 5 more games to play.... It's an utter mitigated worst case nightmare and yet we are still competitive so far even without a half decent qb.
    2. How long has it been since UGA played a home game and or how long will it have been since we played in Sanford Stadium at Dooley Field? I counted the day since we beat the **** orange popsicle BTeam from redneckville up to the day we play the other Bulldawgs from Starkvegas..... 44 freaking days folks...a mind-numbing 44 freaking days. Over 6 weeks since we have played a home game in Athens... Fair or reasonable? I think it's utterly unacceptable that UGA this year and every other year puts up with these long periods without a home game in Oct. Yes, I'm well aware that the game played in JAX makes are schedule harder for home games but why in the Hell are we still going down to JAX and playing Florida in Florida while we got to get on a plane? Why did UGA say Hell no to playing in JAX this year and play in Athens? It's pathetical how the SEC office over in Bham gets away with utter murder year after year with UGA's scheduling and of course McGarity and Crew bed over like little boys and says "Yes may I have another" and finally...
    3. The SEC did UGA no service in allowing I think right now 5 opponents this year alone (last year there were 5) to have bye weeks prior to playing UGA 44 Florida had over two weeks off due to Covid to rest and heal prior to playing UGA ...I think they had every one healthy minus a few that had ending season injury's.

The life of UGA football is painful beyond the absurd!!!