Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jamie Newman Senior Bowl invite shows him in a Georgia jersey and people are perplexed

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageJamie Newman Senior Bowl invite shows him in a Georgia jersey and people are perplexed

Jamie Newman accepted an invite to the Senior Bowl, which will give a chance to showcase his skills in front of NFL scouts and evaluators before the 2021 NFL Draft. But in the graphic tweeted out by the Senior Bowl, Newman was photoshopped into a Georgia jersey. The problem with that is that Newman played zero game

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“I would like to thank Coach Smart for extending the opportunity for me to be a part of the University of Georgia football program,” Newman said in a statement. “Although my time has been short I’ve built some great relationships and I’ve had a chance to continue my development.” You're kidding right, Newman? You have little favor in the UGA fan base. You, sir, are a quitter.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't have a problem with this thing. The even organizers probably just looked at the last team of record and put him in the Georgia jersey. It is no big deal. I wish him many blessings and good luck in the NFL.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To me, it's not so much about the uniform he's wearing, it's the fact that he didn't play a single down this season for ANY team. So how do we know that he's one of the best seniors around? He never played, so are Senior Bowl credentials based on what a kid has done in his freshman-junior years?

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

CANT BLAME HIM HONESTLY WHO WANTS TO PLAY QB FOR KIRBY HE MAKES QBS LOOK TERRIBLE NOW WE SEE WHY WE WIN ALL THE 5 STAR DEFENSIVE PLAYERS ITS BECAUSE THE GAME HAS EVOLVED AND SABAN AND DABBO DONT WANT DEM ANYWAY HAD TO SEE YOU WINNING ON SUNDAYS JM

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Newman was never and will never be a TRUE DAWG..

• Options
    SteelerDawgSteelerDawg Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

yeah take that G off him.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I still believe he bailed due to the addition of our current 3rd string QB (Daniels). He likely panicked and was afraid he would be beaten-out by Daniels which would have looked amazingly bad for him in the NFL draft. Now he knows he could have been the starter and a superstar, and we would not have 2 losses. I get a kick out of these guys who say they are going to sit out the season to prepare for the draft. I’m sure he’s getting a better experience at the gym than he would have gotten playing Bama, Florida and the rest of a tough SEC schedule. NOT!!!

Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    PythonPython Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

So what......as mentioned somebody simply photo shopped him into the picture wearing a Georgia uniform. I would not get all up in arms over this. What is the first thing done on a recruiting visit? They take you to the locker room, dress you out in full uniform and take your picture. I've never been a big fan of this but the big teams seem to do it anyway

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well alrighty then...lot's of thoughts here but to me he bailed and left us in the position we are in today. I am guessing all of it came into play... COVID - maybe less thatn 5%, competition and having to perfrorm against at the time the nations number 1 defense showed his true colors. He probably talked to his Agent and they told him to get out and not ruin his draft status.

• Options
    okcdawgokcdawg Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman

Typically weird 2020 scenario, I guess. Why does the Senior Bowl invite someone who isn't playing this season? Why does he, after bailing on a school that rolled out the red carpet & handed him the starting QB job, accept the invitation with a trace of embarrassment? Finally, just because a picture of him exists wearing a GA jersey doesn't mean it has to appear on DawgNation. Let's use the space to show players who are actually playing for us.