Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

All charges against former Georgia All-American Deandre Baker dropped

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageAll charges against former Georgia All-American Deandre Baker dropped

Former Georgia football All-American Deandre Baker looks to get back into the NFL after all charges against him have been dropped

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Praise God. I hope this young man has a wonderful career in the NFL, reps UGA well and has an uneventful life off the field.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let's all hope that this is the VERY LAST incident of it's kind in former UGA DB DeAndre Baker's LIFETIME FOREVER!!! I most sincerely hope (and I I also pray to a merciful and loving God) that he has now learned an awful LOT from these past several months, and that he TOTALLY turns his life around for the better!!!! #GATA

• Options
    rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

"ESPN reported the break in Baker’s case came on Monday when a Florida lawyer was arrested on extortion charges.

According to the report, attorney Willam Dean wants Baker to pay in excess of $266,000 to his clients, who Dean said would do “anything you want, so long as the money is right."

What a horrific thing to have happen to this young man. The best lesson is to stay out of situations like this and be careful with who he hangs out with.

• Options
    brinkmanmsbrinkmanms Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great to hear! I wondered all along if the whole thing wasn't a set up. First round NFL player holding folks up for watches and wallets.....No way! Now, hop on a plane and come play for the Bears with Roquan, Wims and Ridley!

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I mean, good for him. The one thing I remember about D. Baker was that he bailed on UGA before the Sugar Bowl because he thought it wasn't worth his time. Whatever. I'm not invested in his innocence or his guilt. Not invested in him as a person too much at all.

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah i remember alot of yall on this site treated him like he was guilty.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Maybe he has learned a lesson. Stay away from those that may bring shame and dishonor on him.