Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

JT Daniels: National media, Georgia football fans interested to see what quarterback does against Mi

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageJT Daniels: National media, Georgia football fans interested to see what quarterback does against Mississippi State

As has been the case seemingly since the loss to Florida on Nov. 7, it looks like Georgia quarterback JT Daniels is going to get his shot at quarterback this week for the Bulldogs as they take on Mississippi State. Daniels has taken more first-time reps since the loss to Florida, due in part to an AC joint injury to

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My fingers are crossed that JT will start as much as anyone, but again.... where is this assumption that he's going to start coming from? Smart doesn't name starting QB and although he's said positive things about Daniels, there's no reason that he's a lock. I'm pretty sure that he'll get at least SOME time , but I wouldn't be surprised to see Mathis and MAYBE Beck (which would be nice too).

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm wondering if the brain cyst permanently affected his play.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

Seems like this season just slipped away as far as the playoffs go, but if JT can step up and prove to be a player it would sure make the rest of the season a lot more positive.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think it’s largely coming from that B. Cleveland comment. That and some wishful thinking that Smart is dropping hints...

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2020

One of the quotes in the article: "Our opinion is that he may not be as good as a healthy Bennett (seriously)"

Uh, what? Both are coming back from injury. I don't understand the point of comparing a recovered/ing Daniels' unfavorably to a healthy Bennett. Either compare them both when dealing with injury, or compare them both when healthy. It seems to be implying that a healthy Daniels isn't as good as a healthy Bennett, in which case, what are they seeing that the rest of the world is missing? Seems like a pretty obvious question to let go completely unaddressed.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Give JT a half and Carson a half each game to the end of season and let the chips fall where they may, mix in Stetson when he comes back healthy. Outback Bowl, so who cares. Keep searching for "the guy" going into next year. Designate him as your guy and if Brock can come in and unseat your guy, then so be it. But it would have to be overwhelming to everyone involved. Real time playing in real games trumps "looking good" in practice and scrimmages, contrary to what Kirby says. Seems like the powers that be thought Dwan looked the best in practice-so much for practice.

Some people choke under the big lights and others up their game. Adrenaline is funny that way. Throw them into the fire and see what comes out. It will be evidence to all by the end of the year who can and who can't, or at least a decisive pecking order.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I imagine UGA practice sessions have worked JT's knee to fit every possible game scenario. Game time. We need to see the real JT step into the ring. He may have some rust but playing the actual game is a natural lubricant...he will get better as it progresses...tempo, rhythm. We need something positive to grab onto at this moment. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

How does Matt Zenitz with al dot com have sources that no writer with dawgnation has?

I suspect Zenitz is just trying to make a name for himself by getting the “scoop” by reporting as fact something that everyone has assumed would happen for several days.

We all think Daniels will start Saturday, but so far the only person saying it’s a done deal is some writer I’ve never heard of in another state.

Kirby Smart, who is the man who will make the decision, has made no official statement.

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Personally, I think the injury allows Kirby to change QBs without humiliating Bennett. I think a change was coming either way. I also believe Daniels will start. My hope is that he'll provide a spark similar to what SB provided against Arkansas. I'm sure our guys will have been primed to make sure he stays upright and doesn't take any low shots. I'm looking to see throws that are on target and on time. Other than the knee, my biggest concern is whether he's careful, but not hesitant, with the football. The 14-10 TDs to INTs from his freshman year isn't good enough to get where we all want to. All freshmen struggle with decision-making at D1 speed, but he's definitely a gun-slinger, and all slingers throw INTs. If he is extremely accurate, especially on deep balls, we can live with the occasional turnover. He has a defense he can count on, unlike his first season at USC. I'm excited again. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Excited to be in the stands this Saturday! Go Dawgs!!