Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football podcast: Nick Saban's wrong about 'great defense' and it matters for UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football podcast: Nick Saban's wrong about 'great defense' and it matters for UGA

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest

Read the full story here

Comments

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If Nick Saban can't even figure out how to properly tie a necktie, I don't care what he says. Besides, is he really known for being totally transparent in his comments? He's playing the game, even when the game's not being played.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2020

Brandon - Yes, 'Disruptive' is the best word for a possible great defense. You certainly need to have a good solid defense in order to be a CFP contender - the more disruptive the better. Look at Oklahoma who had (2) high scoring offenses and Heisman winners in Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield and never produced a Natty. The Oklahoma defenses were atrocious those years.

I will say this - just because you are disruptive on defense doesn't mean you will win the game. Even with an above average offense and excellent - DISRUPTIVE - defenses, both Bama and Clemson lost last year to LSU.

LSU vs Bama 2019 - The Bama defense produced (5) sacks on Burrows but still lost the game. LSU only had (1) sack.

LSU vs Clemson 2019 - Clemson had (5) sacks on Burrows but still lost the game. LSU had (2) sacks on Lawrence.

In this day and age, 'disruptive' is a necessity on defense but certainly doesn't guarantee victory even with a great offense.

• RighteousRighteous Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

We can "SAY"he wrong all we want to, the problem is we are just talking he is still winning championships while we are not.

• oddsbodkinoddsbodkin Posts: 176 ✭✭✭ Junior

I care way more about offensive 5 star recruits now than defensive 5 star recruits.

• 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Whether it is from fatigue or from loss of heart, our elite defense was not able to slow down Alabama or Florida in the second half. We can nitpick Saban all we want, but I’m more interested in on-field results. As long as Alabama is winning championships and we are not, Saban gets the nod in his remarks, as far as I’m concerned.