Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Why Georgia football loves Richard LeCounte as much as he loves Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageWhy Georgia football loves Richard LeCounte as much as he loves Georgia

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Georgia football loves Richard LeCounte as much as he loves the school It is not yet known if senior defensive

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

The epitome of DGD.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

He may have been a great help in 2017 and has played extraordinary, but to say he is a leader now is a big question mark. If you love this university and team you do not jump on a dirt bike ( that is not registered) at night and ride it on a public road. Let alone on a busy night like Halloween. You can say it was a silly mistake, but a veteran like this does not make this mistake. He should be make sure no one does this, it is called leadership!

• Options
    HunkerDawgHunkerDawg Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

@GardenDawg The only thing questionable is YOUR understanding of leadership.

Life is not all about avoiding risks. And neither is team leadership, which Richie has consistently modeled since he committed. And he is still doing it now through demonstrating loyalty and perseverance in trying times.

Who are you to question him?

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Richard is one of those players you hate to see leave. He gives everything he has every time he steps on the field. I hope that once he moves on to the NFL he will continue to return to Athens as often as possible. His love & enthusiasm for UGA can impact the Dawgs in a positive way for years. I glad he is on the mend. Hopefully he gets to play at least one more game for the G.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's been a pleasure watching you in the Red&Black Mr. LeCounte. You will always be 1 of my all time favorite DAWGS.The epitome of a True, unselfish team player..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I keep hoping he comes back next year since he got free eligibility this year, but I know that isn't realistic. He's DGD and will sorely be missed.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior

He's one of my all time favorite Dawgs because he gives it his all and to hear him speak about Georgia you can tell he really loves UGA. We've had many successful players come and go and become stars in the pros, but you don't see them come back to campus that often. I think he'll always come back and support the team long after any pro career is over. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 130 ✭✭✭ Junior

It appears a post that was quoted below has been deleted. Yeah, Richard should not have done what he did, but I am sure that he regrets it. I am sure it has been a "lesson learned". But it does not make him not a leader. He is just a young man who made a bad decision. Should have known better, but he is still young. I am sure everyone has done some things that , in hindsight, we should not have done ( think Jake Scott and the "Stegasaurus" ). My office is across the street from Liberty County High School where he played high school football. Watching him was fun then, and it has been fun watching him at UGA. Yep, I wish he had been able to play against Florida. Maybe a different outcome if had played. But, one regrettable decision cannot change what he has been for our team!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I too will be sad to see Lecounte leave. DGD if there ever was one.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Think it is time...Richard needs to leave UGA for the NFL after this season. He has been a remarkable asset for UGA! Nothing left to prove. The injuries he received from the accident are part of life. Young and adventurous. He was and is a team leader. Loves UGA! Mr. Juice! I do hope he recovers enough to play in, what appears to be, his last home game.

• Options
    IowadawgfanIowadawgfan Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Levon te is our qb on defense .. he gets everyone lined up . When he was out the backend looked lost as can be an routinely was out of place .. I no he is one man but can’t help but wonder would our defense looked that bad against floridahs wheel routes if he was there

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

He was a very good to above average player for us. I thought we were getting an All-American however and the honest truth is that Lecounte might have fallen a bit short. However, for UGA DBs he has been one of the best in past decade.