Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia quarterback JT Daniels steps into SEC Network spotlight, 'loves The South'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,462 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia quarterback JT Daniels steps into SEC Network spotlight, 'loves The South'

Georgia quarterback JT Daniels, a transfer from USC, said he loves The South and feels his knee is strong enough to continue playing quarterback for the Bulldogs

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think I may have been the 1st one to make the Doc Holiday comparison but at any rate, I see no reason why if JT has a bang up season next year he wouldn't be one of the top 2 QB's taken in the draft. Definitely worth millions to move up the draft board. I think he will bet on himself(see the Tombstone/ Doc Holliday angle)?

He certainly has it between the ears and apparently with the arm also. His ability to put a little extra on the ball will improve as does his leg strength. Sky is the limit.

The only thing I hope Kirby doesn't say is The QB position for next season will be a competition.( Maybe for back up.) Especially if JT finishes up the season like he started. I don't believe JT is afraid of competition, but he might question Kirby's ability to recognize the best man for the job. After all Mathis started the season as #1 and he's not even here any more.

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

A lot of people will have their opinions on where Georgia should be ranked. Take away the Coaches Poll and the AP Poll from the beginning because they set the baseline on where team should be before the season starts and before the Committee convening. No rankings at the start leaves the playing field even with no one able to form an opinion on who should be ranked where until the playoff committee decides. Then it will be about the eye test and meaningful games. What I have notice...the rankings never changes with teams put at the top like Bama, Clemson, Ohio State and others until they lose a game, then they only drop one or two spots. So the system is subjective anyway, especially when the group of five conferences cannot get a spot in the playoffs.

• Options
    builderspaintbuilderspaint Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

Pretty enlightening that CKS letting JTD do national media. I think that alone is a clue to the amount of trust they have in this kid. Trying to build his brand for next year. Heisman + CFP!!!

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'd forgotten what an a$$hat Joel Klein was. Takes some balls being a d!ck to Cowherd.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Joel is a SEC hater most of the time. A Colorado Buffalo alumni and hates the attention the SEC gets. Georgia is not going to be in the playoffs so lets go ahead set that Georgia vs BYU game up in any Bowl. If JT would have been healthy day 1 then we may be sitting in that #1 spot right now, who knows. I heard the talking heads say they don't think Daniels playing would have made any difference with Alabama or Florida's outcome but I think different. Both those games were close at half time but we did get the level of play offensively to keep the defense off the field. You give JT 3 or 4 games on a healthy leg and both the run and pass game will be better.

Hopefully this off season won't be as devastating as the last one especially at the QB position. If JT comes back and has both Carson and Brock to tutor, we should be in really good shape for 3 or 4 years at that position.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So happy to see JT enjoying himself here, and I am certainly glad the young man became a Dawg. Seems like a fine young man, and one I know will represent the University with class. He's fun to watch, and I can't wait to see what he can do these last 3 games. Go get 'em, gunslinger!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That clown from fox sports also said UGA had the weakest team entering the 2017 CFP.. He is only promoting the BIG 10 and 12 which is hilarious.

• Options

There is no tin foil conspiracy and there are no nut jobs, just UGA fans who have been wondering what the deal is with JT. Even the national media has been wondering where this kid has been and why hasn't he been playing. More than a few people myself included said OK maybe he couldn't have played in the BAMA game but the 2nd half of the Fla game, why not? Not because he had a bum leg and two weeks later he magically can shuck and jive a defensive end. Most reasoning people are smarter than that(catch the pun)?

There may still be more to the story we don't know. But it wasn't because he was physically unable to go against FLA. I take Kirby at his word. He said he believed Stetson and presumably Dwan gave them the best chance to win. I and others just don't agree with that assessment. Do you?

• Options
    PythonPython Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

"I love the south" Translation "I met a girl down here."

• Options

I'm your Huckleberry.