Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia receivers Trey Blount and Makiya Tongue enter transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,561 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia receivers Trey Blount and Makiya Tongue enter transfer portal

Georgia football had two receivers enter the NCAA transfer portal on Monday, though neither were expected to figure heavily into the future of the offense

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 838 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2020

Didn't think you could have too many 4-star, 6'2'' receivers, but apparently so. Thanks Trey and Makiya for giving Georgia a shot... hope you get the ball and reach your full potential, wherever you go.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can we cut guys? Like Matt Landers, Tommy Bush, and several others that are just taking up roster spots? Maybe encourage them ‘to explore other opportunities?’ Like we do in the business (real) world?

Tongue was a position less player (athlete) when he arrived. Kinda thought he would struggle for PT. Best of luck to these young men!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck to both of these young men..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best wishes to these young men. I hope they go on to have great careers. Now I hope the rest of our receivers that haven’t been targeted that much rise up and become explosive parts of our offense !! We need as many receivers as possible to play big closing this year and going into 2021. We’ve got a QB that can get the ball to you, get yourself deep and open and let him put that ball to you in stride and hear those glorious words Touchdown Dawgs !!! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    ugambaugamba Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

I’m not convinced that we do a good job developing wide receivers and QBs. Why don’t we have a QB coach, as we’ve seen it’s the most important position. They really must not have practiced well. How did Matt Landers beat them out for playing time?

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2020

Thou Giveth and thou Taketh away...such is the revolving door of college football today....

All I can say is Kirby better figure out the winning formula quickly with the talented roster we have and make hay while the sun shineth!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

😂 😂 Matt Landers beating anyone for playing time on a football field at wide out is hilarious

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

New world coming for UGA. KS + Monken et al...clearing the heard to make room for the new millennium hi octane offense. KS finally gets it! Thank you sweet Jesus!!!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best wishes, but I expect more xfers to come.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2020

I'd say 2-3 more years. He's got to get this new offense rolling and a chance to shine. IMHO, Kirby is a better coach than Richt ever was, but they are both excellent recruiters with Kirby producing even better recruiting classes than Richt. But, you need to think about this - the SEC East has been a pretty darn weak division until Florida finally stepped up its game. If we were in the SEC West, Kirby's win record wouldn't look so good. Let's be honest. So really, how good have these Dawgs really been under Kirby? Other than that blip on the screen in 2017 I honestly don't know. We've blown games we should have won, beaten a few really good teams, and gotten taken to the cleaners by the best of the best. Kirby needs to step up our game, and he's got no excuse when it comes to having the talent on the field year after year.

• Options
    AirForceDawgAirForceDawg Posts: 194 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Former UGA WR Makiya Tongue, a 2019 4* prospect, transferring to Oregon State:

https://twitter.com/AngieMachado1/status/1340419037113667584