Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

3 reasons why Georgia football on upset alert heading to Missouri

SystemSystem Posts: 10,833 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
image3 reasons why Georgia football on upset alert heading to Missouri

ATHENS — The last time Georgia football took the field against a team playing as well as Missouri it was embarrassing, and Kirby Smart is aiming to make sure that doesn’t happen again. The Bulldogs (6-2) face a Tigers team on the road that has won five of its past six games and scored 91 points in its last two

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree...some of us. including myself, have written about how close this game will be. Mizzou is really good. Progressed rapidly under new coach. UGA record not stellar against top competition.

I hope UGA can win the day? GO DAWGS!!!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This will be a interesting game. I just hope we lead the entire game because I am not interested in having any stress this Saturday.

Love my Dawgs. Beat those Tigers!

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 389 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

One reason I was pretty bummed about the Vanderbilt game getting put off is that it seemed like we'd need it for momentum. We got a break, which is nice, but there's something said for building up steam and keeping on chugging...

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Missouri always concerns me. Seems like they are the new South Carolina. They seem to play us tougher than any other team we have on our schedule based on talent gap.

this Saturday will be telling. Either Daniels has awakened the echoes or we go out flat and get man handled and end up trying to borrow bags to wear on our heads from Georgia Tech.

• WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

Oh ye of little faith Dawg Fans!!!! This game will be close...in the 1st qtr and that's it. We talk about Mizzou being on a roll but who have they played lately??? Arkansas, Vandy and So Carolina after being man-handled by Florida. And yes, some of you will say we lost to Florida too which is true but we didn't have a QB that can toss the rock at that time... 41-20 Dawgs!

• WCHWCH Posts: 487 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Roundtree and Bazelak are very, very good and their linebacker is a crusher. Missouri's won 6 games in a row and they are for real. Taking them lightly will send us back to Athens with our heads hung low. I trust that CKM and staff pour and offense and defense on them that they haven't seen before. Go Dawgs!!!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2020

FINALLY, baring a late minute COVID diagnosis, we will finally get to see how good these newer looking Dawgs really are...it's about time. The proof will be in the pudding. No excuses. These Tigers may be peaking at the right time to make them almost as formidable as the Gators. Honestly. They don't have a Pitts or Toney, but they do have one heckuva QB, RB, and a handful of capable receivers.

Stop with the early game time excuse...if these players can't get motivated an hour earlier than normal then we're in more trouble than I thought.

GO DAWGS!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like a wet cold day up there. hope we can throw in the rain.

• Dawg01Dawg01 Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's such a vanilla place to play, add to it an early start time. I hate this game; wish they would trade with Auburn, so that we only saw these guys every so often, especially in Columbia.

I think the kids are playing every game like it's their last - so that helps - but still hate this game.

• maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

What I notice about this new Mizz hc is that his players give it their all for him which can be very dangerous for any opponent. All of Gary Pinkel's players played hard for him when he was there.

If Kirby can get ALL of his high rated players to play hard for him in every game, I believe he will beat Saban and win a national championship.

The two players that I like to watch are Lewis Cine and Jalen Carter because those 2 physically overwhelm their opponents most of the time and if the entire team would perform like those 2, I don't think there is a team in the country that can beat them.

• 10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 263 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is a statement game, there is too much at stake to come out flat. News Years bowl, recruiting, pride, you can go on and on. There is no excuse not to come out and play like your hair is on fire.