Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Former Georgia football targets Arik Gilbert, BJ Ojulari leaning toward LSU exits

SystemSystem Posts: 11,088 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageFormer Georgia football targets Arik Gilbert, BJ Ojulari leaning toward LSU exits

Former Marietta High School stars Arik Gilbert and BJ Ojulari could be leaving the LSU football program via the transfer portal

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The best two freshman tight ends in the country playing together as sophomores! Sic ‘em, Kirby! Go get Gilbert! Imagine the offense with TWO Kyle Pitts and all those talented wide and slot receivers! Then, the stable of running backs! And, another top three class! We may beat the Gators by fifty next year! UF and Mullet are going to be next year’s LSU and Orgeron but without a Natty!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Orgeron is only going to be able bring up the team he had last year for a little while longer. LSU, Tennessee and Vanderbilt are not looking too attractive these days. It will will be a very good day if Gilbert comes home! I'd love to see the young Ojulari join us too! Could you imagine Gilbert and Pickens on one side, Washington and Smith/Blaylock/Burton on the other with JT under center and Cook in the backfield?!!!!!!!! No defensive coordinator in the nation could scheme for that combination!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If we finally get every great player out there, maybe we can go to the final four!!!! I hear y'all! Then coaching won't be a factor! We'll just win on talent alone. Forget coaching them up!

• JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

I doubt that either winds up in Athens. Unless the SEC changes its policy, both would have to sit out a year for an in-conference transfer. Since both will likely be drafted after their third year, I doubt they'd sit a year. Especially since it looks like the NCAA will change their transfer rules to allow one free transfer without sitting out. Chances are that either Clemson or Ohio State will get one or both. Undoubtedly they are great talents, but I would want a lot of questions answered about why they want to transfer. Just to get away from a poorly performing team would ring alarm bells. Then again, if there's something else going on, culturally, or maybe they are just plain homesick, that's another story. Go Dawgs!