Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia braced for cooler Missouri weather: 'You can't let it beat you'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,713 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia braced for cooler Missouri weather: 'You can't let it beat you'

Georgia football has some players who have triumphed in the cold before, and they are ready to take on Missouri on Saturday

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Already using weather as the basis for an article.....not good. UGA needs to s*ck it up and play football. Mizzou is ready...UGA better be!!! I would say weather might be a factor were it raining and cold. JT is from CA and now UGA...he may have to acclimate some. I admit, this will likely be a tough contest to win....cold or warm. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would imagine that colder (at least the non-extreme cold) is better than extreme hot. Maybe some stiffness and additional risk of injury, but once warmed up then lots of heat gets generated from the play. Should be good and hopefully a solid win for us.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2020

I hated playing football in the thirties (temperature, not year). My heart goes out to these guys but they have good equipment and more to play for.

We will win this game by two touchdowns if Jordan Davis is 100%. I truly believe he makes that much of a difference for our defense. We will shut their offense down on at minimum an additional two drives with that big man helping to stop the run, pressuring the QB.

I do love Georgia football! See you in Bogart, GA tonight for the Vandagriff show!

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 369 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2020

I don't think that the - no sleeves or gloves trying to prove how tough you are technique - is the correct strategy to deal with the weather. The cold weather gear they have now is very light weight and does not restrict movement. They may be fine while they are on the field playing, but when the come off the field and sit on the sidelines, the can get cold quickly. I think they should take advantage of any Nike cold weather gear they can get their hands on, after all, they get it for free. Cold weather can sap your conditioning and fatigue makes cowards of us all. Stay Warm and Go Dawgs!

• Options
    SmokeOnTheWaterSmokeOnTheWater Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Better rent some blower heaters for the sideline. Hopefully, the UGA budget allows for the purchase of 4-6 heat wagons or dynaglows or Sunfires. Putting one on each side of the benches should take care of the cold.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 384 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm not sure if he meant "going with no sleeves..." in practice right now to get as ready for it as they can (practice as cold as possible), or to the actual game. The presentation is ambiguous. My hope is that he means they're practicing without, not traveling without.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Biggest thing will be when that Football hits the receivers hands and they had better have those hand warmers or it will feel like getting hit by a brick.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I played in weather so cold, we had to wipe the snow and ice off the football! Northeast. Frost would get under the helmet lids and freeze to our heads...that's cold. I hope the UGA players can adapt to Missouri weather. The temp is predicted to be 48 degrees F with scattered showers. Could be a very interesting game weather-wise.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

13 degree wind? Is that wind off the starboard or port bow? Or maybe you mean mph?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

only a 25% chance of rain and a high of 42, 10-20 MPH winds, the main thing. Keep the main thing the main thing.