Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brock Vandagriff: UGA commit leads Prince Avenue to stunning 38-0 win

SystemSystem Posts: 10,425 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageBrock Vandagriff: UGA commit leads Prince Avenue to stunning 38-0 win

BOGART -- This was something nobody in the Georgia High School Association saw coming. Greg Vandagriff did not. Brock Vandagriff did not. Not like this. Not the way it went down Friday night in the third round of the GHSA Class A private state playoffs. But they were delighted nonetheless. No. 1 Prince Avenue

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Look at that team around him......come on man, this is 9th grade/JV football.

• Options
    Dawg01Dawg01 Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not taking anything away from what Prince Avenue did. Obviously a complete win. But this is the weakest team ELCA has fielded in years. It's a young team and one that will be much better next year. Frankly, ELCA should be playing at least two levels up.

Excited about this QB though.... Looks like UGA finally will sign and hopefully hold on to a top notch QB from the state.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg01 Actually your post is throwing cold water on this dominant showing by the entire Prince Avenue Team.

Great win for PA and Vandagriff!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2020

I and my family were at this game to watch Brock. I too do not want to take anything away from this Prince team or Brock, they won on both sides of the ball, but ELCA looked like booty. Terrible. This looked like the first game of the season for them. Their QB was a fish-out-of-water and they made no adjustments at the half.

MVP of the game was indeed PJ Brown, defensive lineman for Prince. That kid's name was being called on every series for tackles or sacks.

Brock honestly looked better than I thought he would. I was perplexed by his father's play calling when they got inside the ten. Brock was wearing a LARGE knee brace but his dad had him running the ball on at least half the plays inside the ten. The D saw it coming every time.

UGA has a commitment from an impressive young QB which has grown-up right down the street. I look forward to seeing his advancement in our system the first year.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Brock Vandagriff completed 17 of his 23 passes for 296 yards. He threw one touchdown pass and added a pair of short touchdown runs on the ground."

RPO Brock!!! Prince Ave was the thoroughly superior team. He will fit like a glove in UGA scheme. Really like this young QB. UGA is very fortunate to have him committed and hopefully signed soon!

• Options
    presdogpresdog Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

His only loss this year was to Rabun Co. and amazing Junior quarterback Gunner Stockton.