Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

George Pickens grabs Game Ball in Georgia's 49-14 win

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorge Pickens grabs Game Ball in Georgia's 49-14 win

Georgia receiver George Pickens was sensational in the Bulldogs' 49-14 win at Missouri in a cold weather game on Saturday

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When it rains it pours and UGA and Pickens... poured...it on Mizzou. JT said the miserable Missouri weather did not bother him much at all. It surely didn't George Pickens. The guy is a pure acrobat..with sure hands and eyes..he watches that ball until it hits home!!! That one MO defender was all over George and should have been called for interfering....but George made the come- to- mama basket catch anyway....amazing!!

Next....

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2020

Pickens is a heckuva receiver but I really wish he would dial back the smart-aleck attitude. Every time he caught a pass he did a childish first down thing , he almost broke something prancing into the end zone as he slid across the track and then, after the game, when the teams were getting together post-game, the TV cameras caught him doing a "they are not worth my time" gesture.

I really hoped he learned something after the tech game and then he even said he needed to do better after the water bottle incident. He has previously cost us yards and playing time with his nonsense.

Hey George, you have amazing talent. You don't have to be a complete jerk. The rest of the team doesn't do that, including the guy that threw you the ball and the guys that gave him the time to throw it.

• Options
    WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

@87dawg , he is a 19yr old kid who is enjoying himself, why so critical. He has not gotten into any trouble so let bygones be bygones. Just like a typical fan to say I like your talent but want to tell them how to use that talent. I am fine with it as long as he is not causing discourse with the team and making costly penalties. We don't tell Nick Saban how to coach and not to be an *** during press conferences or Aaron Rogers to stop rocking his guitar when he throws a TD, so why call a college student a jerk for enjoying the game without being a detriment to his team???

Go Dawgs!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2020

@WayxATLdawg89...

He HAS gotten in trouble and he HAS cost us penalty yards. He has actually been suspended because of his actions. I'm honestly surprised anyone is OK with that. I don't think anyone was OK with the fight at the tech game or with the squirting water on the opposition. I am not a typical fan, I am a UGA alumnus and a 33 year booster who believes that you should represent the University of Georgia properly at all times. Heck, even his head coach said he needed to better represent. I must have missed everyone telling Smart to let Pickens enjoy himself when Kirby said it wasn't acceptable. Enjoying yourself is great but show some class.

I did not criticize or tell him how to use his talent. I fully realize his abilities. What I criticized was his demeanor. I fully acknowledged his talent. I guess I just expect more.

Nick Saban is not a player for UGA so what he does with his team is his deal. Also, you don't get penalties in press conferences.

• Options

@87dawg , you continue to speak on what he did in the past as in last season. He has not hurt the team this year so why bring up the past. Its as though you are looking for him to fail. That's the point i am trying make ....

• Options

Trying to make...

• Options

@WayxATLdawg89

Good grief, even Scott Howard, just this afternoon, said Pickens needed to stop or he would get a penalty.

And yes, he drew a penalty THIS YEAR for squirting water on tennessee's QB. It gave them 15 yards, a first down and another play, where they then threw a touchdown. Pickens wasn't even on the field and it cost us. I am speaking to a pattern.

And where in the WORLD do you get anything about me wanting him to fail? Nowhere in anything I posted did I even hint that.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with you 1,000 percent @87dawg . I cringe after every play where Pickens does something well. It's like he cannot help but run his mouth, or do something besides just get back to the huddle or the sidelines or whatever. Against MS State, we scored a touchdown and on the replay, in the background, I could see Pickens still standing at the line of scrimmage and jawing with the MS State sideline about God-knows-what. You are right. His talent is undeniable and I'm glad he's a Dawg. But you're also right, "show some class." The problem with the enablers who say his behavior is OK, will be OK with it until he does something silly or **** at the wrong time, gets caught doing it, and it cost us the game. Just ask the Florida Gators how they feel about Marco Wilson right now? Go Dawgs.