Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football game with Vanderbilt back in doubt, situation fluid

SystemSystem Posts: 10,460 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football game with Vanderbilt back in doubt, situation fluid

ATHENS —Vanderbilt has apparently hired its next head coach, but the Commodores may wait until next season to play their first game with Notre Dame defensive coordinator Clark Lea at the helm. RELATED: Clark Lea expected to take over Vandy program There are multiple reports out of Nashville that the Commodores have

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgWesDawgWes Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

I felt like this would happen with Vanderbilt.I truly feel like they don't want to play.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cross my fingers we get to play. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    JudgeDog31JudgeDog31 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

What are you going to do? But, it’s bull that they couldn’t play 2 weeks ago, could play last week when they thought they had a chance to win, and now might not be able to play again. There should be a forfeit to UGA for their 1/10 share of revenues from football this year.. It’s only $$$ that they care about. Certainly, they don’t care about football.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tennessee was a rivalry game for them with a team that isn't very good. UGA is a get your buttocks stomped game., I don't it happening.

• Options
    DawgDaddyDawgDaddy Posts: 33 ✭✭ Sophomore

The decent thing to do would be to likewise give our Seniors their Senior Day too. Especially as they only had 3 home games this year. Please Vandy do the right thing!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2020

I am so happy the commodores wanted (and got to) play their Senior Day. I'm so happy the players' parents got to witness their special moment. Good for them (he said while rolling his eyes).

I am immensly proud of how our guys handled this whole COVID mess and am incredibly unhappy at how poorly so many others did. That one team gets hit twice against the same opponent is amazing. You have second and third string players and walk-ons that would love to play. But, I expect they'll steal Senior Day from UGA twice.

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

When they cancel move next yrs game to Athens

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

Call Georgia Tech, Call Georgia Tech, Call Ga Tech.

Oh did I forget to say Call Georgia Tech. Find somebody anybody to come to Athens, Call Georgia Southern, Call Florida and see if they want a rematch. On one condition no throwing shoes! Oh wait a minute they've already got a date to get punched out Saturday.

These seniors deserve better.

• Options
    CoachEggCoachEgg Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Vandy is dodging UGA.

They play like......girls.

• Options
    vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't think Vandy shows up. Hopefully the university has a plan to honor our seniors if they don't get to play that final home game. They have made us proud the last four years. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    bigdawg88bigdawg88 Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

So what the heck is UGA and Al doing that they have so few players on Covid? Are they sharing that info with the rest of college football? I guess it's telling that the most disciplined coaches have the fewest Covid-19 problems. Some of you other schools need to tighten the ship. All those doctors at Vandy and they don't know how to wear masks or socially distance??

• Options
    SCDawgFanSCDawgFan Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2020

Bring on Coastal Carolina!! Maybe Auburn wants some more!!

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

First thing, Chad Bishop - anyone feeling the need to put Mr. before their own name isn't. Second thing, you said you are proud of all the guys... Guys is not a gender neutral term, and since your team has a female kicker, you should give yourself fifty lashes. And then apologize to her.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wouldn't hold my breath. Still waiting on that make-up home game with Auburn. Then again, McGarrity is on his way out, so maybe?

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2020

Candy Vandy.. Send em to the big10 or Pac 12 where they may make it to Cinderella team level instead of conference doormat.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Vandy Sucks! We should just have a Red and Black game instead.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The SEC office really did a number on Georgia this year with the schedule. Not only did they give us arguably the worst schedule among the playoff contenders--they rearranged our schedule to make it easier for Florida. I sincerely hope that our new AD will find a way to take up this issue with the league. Also, the officiating has been very poor this year. Take that one up too.

• Options
    iamaugafaniamaugafan Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore

Can we play TAMU on Saturday or Sunday? I'm sure they would love to play us. It would strengthen their schedule... would it not?🤔

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"So what the heck is UGA and Al doing that they have so few players on Covid?"

Probably giving them ivermectin prophylactically. Renowned doctor group testified before the Senate today that in a study of 800 frontline workers that received it, none-zero-caught the virus, the placebo group 48% caught it. Shhhh- Big Pharma is listening. Ivermectin is cheap, so you can't have it, says who? The WHO, that's who.

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior