Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia game with Vanderbilt canceled, Bulldogs may be hunting new opponent

SystemSystem Posts: 10,457 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia game with Vanderbilt canceled, Bulldogs may be hunting new opponent

ATHENS — The Georgia football game with Vanderbilt has been canceled, according to the SEC offices. SEC OFFICIAL STATEMENT The Vanderbilt at Georgia football game of December 19 has been canceled due to the Vanderbilt football squad size and position availability falling below roster minimum requirements, consistent

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Send candy packing..funny they can can play the week before BOTH scheduled UGA games but opt out against the DAWGS. They play when it beneficial to for them, such as last week's game vs an in state rival. Helps schools with recruiting, except at vanderbilt.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Time for Vandy to find a new conference. Hopefully for our Seniors we can find another game.

• Options

Lol several typo errors in that previous post..but Candy fits perfectly though

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

McGarity was right.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I saw this coming....heck, we all saw this coming....darn it.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow! That Sucks!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a load of c r a p!

Sankey should take the Vandy AD to task. If I was the SEC Commissioner and had the power I would kick Vandy out of the SEC. There is 100+ teams who would love to join the SEC.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ain’t it just dandy that they “worked through adversity” to get Their Senior Day in. But fade like freshly cut weeds on a hot summer day for the game vs the Dawgs ??!!?? This totally stinks !! I must confess there were times way back in the day when I felt sorry for Vandy and actually defended them to a degree. Like the time Spurrier made the infamous “Well it’s just Vandy” comment. But No More !! And this isn’t about COVID this is about them being Selfish !! Well Vandy if you can’t handle playing with the big boys, get out of the SEC !! Oh and to the SEC Commish make absolutely sure you do every thing as usual to accommodate Bama and UF but don’t even accidentally do any thing in favor of the Dawgs (yes tons of sarcasm) !! 😡

• Options
    edited December 2020

How 'bout playing the Rambling Wreck? Their game against Miami was cancelled, and they are just down the street. Heck, we could actually finish the season in a semi-normal fashion.

Let's go WRECK TECH!

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Somebody PLEASE call Geoff Collins and ask him if he can have the Bee Team ready and on standby. Or maybe Miami or Florida State. Texas? I'm betting lots of teams that played last week and aren't scheduled this week would be willing to take another road game. (And no, I don't have any idea what anybody else's schedule looks like.) Indiana? Maryland? UNC? Heck, Colorodo or Michigan State? Who doesn't matter as much as giving these Seniors their Day! But if you're looking around, why not find someone good or at least decent? Nobody got their full allotment of games this year, so if everybody is still on campus and practicing, I gotta believe almost all would LOVE to play Georgia. And pay them Vanderbilt's cut, plus, if needed. We should still have a couple million laying around that we didn't have to pay the two cupcakes this year. McGarity, as your last act of tenure, you should make sure the Dawgs have an opponent in Sanford Stadium on Saturday. A nice cherry on top of an effective career! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    AMIDawgMarkMAMIDawgMarkM Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope we hang 100 on those cowards next fall. There should be a consequence for not keeping your commitment to the SEC and its members. What should the consequence be????

• Options
    rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Too bad A&M is scheduled to play Tennessee, as that would be a great matchup to watch. BYU could be another good option, but I doubt they would be game after sticking their necks out for a matchup with Coastal Carolina. I'd just be happy to see the Dawgs play if they can manage to find another opponent.

• Options

They should at least hold a private Senior day ceremony at Sanford Stadium for players, and families. Won't be the same as entering a stadium with limited fans in attendance. But at least they would get to make 1 more entrance into Sanford Stadium dressed in Red&Black. They've earned every bit of the recognition, and then some..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    edited December 2020

I had just posted about Tech, but I like Miami better (could care less about FSU) or Texas. Texas may not want to fit the bill to fly out here, and I doubt we're going to want to play anything but a home game. Maybe not though...and of course it depends on IF the teams cancelled their games due to their OWN COVID issues. In which case, that won't work.

Just found out that GT was the one that cancelled due to COVID issues (manpower), so Miami might still be up for a game and available.

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 356 ✭✭✭ Junior

Calling GA Tech.....Calling GA Tech!!!

• Options
    edited December 2020

GA Tech was the one who cancelled their Miami game this weekend, so playing them is not an option (COVID # of players issue). Miami might be available and willing to travel....if the SEC will allow an outside-the-conference game. There are no SEC teams available.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Social justice cowards. Predicted this 2 weeks ago. Great message to the youth of America. Quiting is easy and acceptable. Make sure you blow up the locker room on the way out tho!!!! Disgraceful.