Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart shares surprising take on bizarre thrown-shoe play in LSU-Florida game

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart shares surprising take on bizarre thrown-shoe play in LSU-Florida game

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart might surprise you with what he said about the crazy play that helped determine the outcome of the LSU-Florida game on Saturday

Read the full story here

Comments

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Regardless, I still find it hilarious mullets "disciplined" players act like 10 year old kids.. Yep, he's an elite coach 😆 I hope this highlight is shown over and over, and haunts mullet for many, many years to come. What a True 🤡

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Our coach has class. I don’t think there’s anyone who can say any different.

• jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well he needs to make Pickens watch it over and over because something like that is right up his alley.

• 10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 250 ✭✭✭ Junior

I guess he can't be too critical with Pickens on the roster. Ya know what they say about throwing stones.

• BoydCrowderBoydCrowder Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Austin Powers: "Who throws a shoe?! Honestly! You fight like a woman."

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, Kirby does have class.

Makes me wonder, what would Mullen have said if the situation was reversed? I bet it would've been some kind of putdown snarky remark.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The best mistakes to learn from are the mistakes of others.

Mullens’ and UF’s opportunity to take advantage of the blue moon and stars aligning in Jacksonville flew out the window with that shoe. Next year, Mullens will be right back to holding Kirby’s pee bucket.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I saw that aftermath.....Mullen is mitigating what happened...The kid took the shoe and reared back...sort of...and threw it deliberately. Emotion overtook him. Cost FL the game for sure.

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Remember that Mullet learned from the master at disciplining players at fla. Mullet also started a riot vs Mizzou and was slapped on the wrist for that but should have been suspended for our game. So, yeah, he’s had a good year. LSU de-cleated fla’s playoff chances.

• USADawgUSADawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Almost like if it had been only thrown 15 yards it would have been alright. 😂

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I loved how the florida fans were booing the call until they heard the ref state exactly what it was. You know they couldn't see it in the fog, which is probably why he DID explain it, so when they heard why it got quiet, like....."He did what?"

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was worse than Pickens pouring water on the opposing player on the sideline and that got flagged. Lot of shenanigans can happen on the opposing sideline but if you are going to throw a shoe 20 yards on the field then what's next? Someone's helmet? It was deserved more so than an excited player celebrating on the field after a TD and if I remember right that got called on us.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Without his helmet. LOL!

• DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

How did ABC's Wide World Of Sports intro go in the seventies"? The thrill of victory, and the agony of decleat.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The refs got it right-unsportsmanlike conduct. Mullen is essentially defending his player's action, expect that sort of thing to continue as long as your leader dismisses it as part of his "celebration."