Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brock Bowers news adds to complicated early enrollee big picture at UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 10,484 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageBrock Bowers news adds to complicated early enrollee big picture at UGA

Want to attack every day with the latest UGA football recruiting info? That’s what the Intel brings. This entry shares the news All-American TE Brock Bowers has rampd up his enrollment timeline at UGA and takes a good look at the early enrollee picture for the 2021 class.  Brock Bowers wanted to have a final high

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Little nugget plays like a much bigger guy. Good thing he can jump out of his shoes. He will need to learn to wrap up in the SEC, those shoulder hits don't work as well with the big boys.

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

The NCAA as usual changed rules for what is a good reason but they did so without considering all of the consequences on the back end. They are going to need to make allowances for the scholarship limits. Considering the teams that struggled with numbers this year, an increase in scholarship numbers might not be a bad thing if we do not want a repeat in 2021.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow.....this is an amazing blessing if Kirby can pull it off. These kids arriving in January have almost a half year jump on the June graduating classes. In addition, they get to participate in Spring practice and the G-Day game. That extra training is huge.....especially for the players who can contribute during their freshman season. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think too, UGA is as snug harbor from Covid. They have had no problems with it that I am aware of. Bowers signing early gets him out of CA. as he mentioned. The number of scholarships does need to be expanded as this Covid year decimated team player numbers.

Glad Bowers is signing early. All these earlies get the full complement of UGA spring practice and G-Day. Sentell writes that De'Jahn Warren #1 JUCO cornerback, could be a starter!

I like these kinds of problems!

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree. But just like everything the NCAA touches, it's without complete thought. How can you offer "no-wait" transfers, extra year for seniors and not change the number of scholarships?

What if every senior came back, and no early departure for the draft happened? Ga would only have about 5 scholarships, if that. To get more, they would have to "ask" players to transfer.

Just no thought process in this at all.

GO DAWGS!!!!

• Options
    bigdawg88bigdawg88 Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

"The NCAA's announcement said seniors student-athletes who take advantage of the additional year of eligibility will not count against team scholarship limits in 2021-22"

If this is the case, then what is the problem with keeping seniors? Either deal with the numbers we have and convince some kids to greyshirt, or convince some of the perennial bench warmers to try out the transfer portal.

Honestly, for UGA and teams of that caliber, the transfer portal is turning out to be a good thing. Other than Justin Fields its going pretty darn good. And I didn't miss him anyway. As an alum, I want kids who want to be at UGA, not some me-first kid.

Go Dawgs!