Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Could scrambled College Football Playoff rankings spring Georgia bowl game surprise?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageCould scrambled College Football Playoff rankings spring Georgia bowl game surprise?

Georgia football will learn its fate this afternoon when the New Year's Six Bowl pairings are announced, many projecting the Bulldogs to the Peach Bowl

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Please tell me why Florida would stay ahead of us as they lost to Alabama on a neutral field with their entire team healthy. We were 50% strength against Florida and with JT would have beaten Florida It is the eye test and which of the teams ahead of us would we fear?? Bama, Clemson are good and even then we could beat them. Put us in the Peach and as long as the team doesn't opt out we will beat them by at least 14 points.

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

The bowl scenarios seem to depend on the Committee's treatment of Notre Dame (and maybe Ohio State) and where Florida is ranked relative to UGA. If ND is in the CFP, North Carolina would be the highest ranked ACC team not in the CFP and would host the Orange Bowl. If ND is out of the CFP, then they would go to the Orange Bowl, and Texas A&M would look like a CFP team. THEN, the UF vs. UGA ranking would come into play. The problem for Florida is that they have 3 losses vs. UGA's 2, and despite beating UGA, have an **** loss to LSU. An argument could be made each way, and will be, I'm sure. So the only way UGA is in the Orange Bowl is if ND is there, and UGA is ranked ahead of UF. That would set up ND vs. UGA, and that would be awesome. If ND is in the CFP, then A&M is out (assuming the Committee doesn't have the stones to leave OSU out, which they should, though not OSU's fault, it IS the B1G's fault) and A&M would play UNC in the Orange, likely leaving us with Cincy in the Peach, which isn't a bad thing. (I don't think the Peach would want Florida with 3 losses. JMO.) A chance to put the "undefeated best of the G5" pelt on the belt. (Another opinion, the AAC has become as good, if not better, than the PAC-12, at least in football, displacing Conference USA as the best Group of 5 football conference.) Either way, Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2020

And as another posted noted, U G L Y is censored. What's up with that? "You ain't got no alibi!" Sometimes these games are viewed as beauty contests, and that word is certainly relevant. There have been many UGA games through the decades that I would describe that way, too. Selah.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes fla played bama better than we did in the second half, BUT we lead bama at halftime on the road with a 5th string QB. Fla never lead bama. They now have 3 losses. We only have 2. Our losses are considered to be “good” losses. Fla has a very bad loss. But we all know that politics in college football are greater than common sense.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Georgia is lucky if the make it to the Peach Bowl. Poor coaching choices laid the groundwork for our 2 defeats. You can't play third string quarterbacks against top ten teams. Now, lets see if we can instill enough loyalty in our juniors to field a team that can be competitive against any top ten team. Please remember our shame against Texas.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, JoeFann, they zapped the word ug*ly on me earlier. Yet I have seen down- right cursing that they never touch. Go figure?

Dawgs are being diminished again by the CFP folks. I doubt we have a chance for the Peach Bowl now. AP dropped UGA to 11th!! Maybe the "Next-Time Bowl." Vandy cost us big time. Now a bunch of seniors and Juniors will opt out for sure. They don't need a "filler" bowl.

Hopefully I am wrong.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ohio State is not penalized after playing only 7 games. Why should we be penalized for having a game cancelled?

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s all OK. If we pummel Cincinnati we will finish the season ranked around #6-7. Let’s just not take them for granted like Auburn did several years ago against Central Florida in the Peach Bowl. Thankfully we have a “New Years 6” bowl game so let’s enjoy and kick ass against a team that believes they should be in the playoffs. Finish the year strong and on to 2021. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hate to admit it, I was completely wrong about what Bama was going to do against Florida. Florida looked like one of the top four teams yesterday. Mullen coached an excellent game against Bama. They gouged the Bama defense with QB runs all night. I hope Smart and Monken took some notes.

UGA out of the top ten is yet again laughable. UGA at full strength is as h=good as any team in the nation with Daniels under center.