Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Unbeaten Cincinnati could claim more than Peach Bowl with win over Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,445 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageUnbeaten Cincinnati could claim more than Peach Bowl with win over Georgia

Georgia football plays Cincinnati in the Chik-fil-A Peach Bowl, but if the Bearcats win and finish undefeated, they could claim a portion of the national title

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We really need to show up and kick A$$. These guys believe they are better than UGa and also believe they were snubbed by the committee. PLEASE Dawgs, don’t take Cincinnati as a lightweight or you will wind up humiliated like Auburn several years ago. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2020

I guarantee Cincinnati will have less than half the starters out we will have, if any. Those boys will be comping to play so they can lay claim to likely more than they deserve. We will need to bring our best, show-out and represent.

• Options
    flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree but our backups should be equal to the task. Example Channing Tindall Cincinnati would love to have him.

• Options
    sthop456sthop456 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

After Cincinatti plays UGAs starting lineup for next year (mostly), they will quickly realize why they weren't in the CFP this year.

• Options
    IowadawgfanIowadawgfan Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

hopefully cks can motivate our kids ,, they are gonna have tons of motivation , all there players , and the pissed off show the world who they are atittude ,, this is a chance for the guys for next year and the ones that want to go out on a good note ,the guys that want to play for there brothers ,to show there stuff ,, please dawgs bring it ,,for sure pride , dawg nation , future recruits and our self respect ,,, GO DAWGS

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Cincinnati will be motivated as this will be the biggest game of the year for them, while Georgia has players opting out because they do not feel like they are playing for anything important therefore not wanting to risk injury. I get it but the Coaches need to get the other guys ready and fired up to play. They need to impress the staff giving them a leg up in the competition for starter on next years team.

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

UGA has proven under Kirby they can be beat by a lesser talented team, so lets hope they give their best effort.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Cincy has leadership within its player, they are on a ride or die season. Let hope our next men up will take on the challenge!

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This game is about next season for us and it's about this season for them. Both have equal importance for each team. For us, it is irrelevant who opts out. This game is an opportunity for our offensive staff to set the table for 2021 and recruit some important underclassmen to stay another year. Georgia should play a disciplined game and score 42. Should be enough...Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2020

Man I really HATE these kind of games, whether they’re regular or post-season. We have everything to lose and nothing to gain. If we win it’ll be “so what?” while , we were SUPPOSED to win – if THEY win, they’ll be labelled giant-killers and showered with praise, and we get a golden shower.

Just remember back to ’08 and '11.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I just don’t see an upside to this game. It’s not the first game of the 2021 season. Just look back to last year and tell me how much the win over Baylor impacted this season. Spring practice and returning players will be far more important.

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just like basketball.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike - I hope Kirby and the team don't let us down the way Auburn did when they lost to UCF. We need to drag Cincy up and down the field showing them that they aren't ready for the bid league.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Never underestimate motivation.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia will be playing for a Peach Bowl trophy.

Cincinnati will be playing for an undefeated season and a National Championship, to include rings and stadium banners.

I'm glad the Dawg's will be facing a well motivated and talented team. All the optouts will take Ga's talent and depth down quite a bit, but it will allow younger and inexperienced players, who will be front-line players in 2021 to get meaningful practice and game reps. GOOOODAWGS!

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The opt outs all seem to be nice "kids". That said, it would have been good if they had felt that they could support the school and program that gave them so much over the years. Loyalty used to mean something.

Cincy will be motivated. I hope Kirby has the Dawgs on their toes.