Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jermaine Johnson announces his transfer destination

SystemSystem Posts: 10,483 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageJermaine Johnson announces his transfer destination

Former Georgia outside linebacker Jermaine Johnson now has a new home, as he announced on Saturday that he would be going to Florida State. Johnson officially entered the transfer portal earlier this week. A senior from Eden Praire, Mn., Johnson had 4.0 sacks in seven games this season, good for second on the team.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well hopefully this will make his dad happy. He should be the man there.

Good luck Jermaine.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Come to our program, we don't have anyone like you. We'll make you out starter, guaranteed!

Sounds a lot like another player who transferred out two years ago. Best of luck to Johnson, but it's a shame he couldn't stick it out and actually earn it against the best competition. He would've been better off staying at LBU in the end.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Next man up! I hope I am wrong but I feel the incoming freshman are far too raw to make an impact in 2021. Praying our current LBs stay healthy. It's amazing how quickly a room can change when players change the spelling of the word team.

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Curious if Alabama, Clemson, OSU, have the same amount of players entering the portal? UGA has seen alot of players leave since the inception of the portal.

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

The man could not cut it at UGA and now he goes to a loser program and won't even have a chance to play in a bowl game let alone Championship games, playoff's or a National Title game... The league loves guys that run from competition so much guys like this won't be in the league let alone even get drafted in the league.

Good luck dude... a 3rd rounder at best and won't be in the league more than one or two season's.... quitter!

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hate to see him transfer, but at least he's going out of conference. It may be a good move for him like it appeared to be for Brenton Cox. Good luck young man!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nothing like diving head first into a Dumpster Fire. Good luck with the noles.

Next man Up!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Prolly not going to see any "opt out" s on BAMA, Clemson, and OS. I think they are playing for a Natty last I checked.

• Options

Will keep a watch on him and if he blows up next season with 12-14 sacks next season then it was a good move. Anything less than 10 will be a telling factor.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope the young man enjoys his season ahead.

I can’t make any sense of what he’s doing going to FSU. Not gunna contend for a title barring some miracle turn around. In the middle of a coaching turn around. I really don’t see the appeal other than being the most talented player on the roster and not having to face elite competition????

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seems like the impetus for his decision wasn’t just more snaps, but more snaps against lesser competition. That’s the only way choosing to move from the penthouse to the outhouse makes any sense!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, in the ACC ,he'll find easier teams to play. Hope he stays healthy ...

• Options
    HunkerDawgHunkerDawg Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

Best of luck to him.

• Options
    charliewcharliew Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

We have seen about the same movement in all these schools. OSU lost Mathis who flipped to UGA who has now transferred to Temple. Martel went to Miami. Both were a result of Justin showing up. I am sure there are others. Have seen players leave Alabama for playing time, generally not starters, We know about the QB that left Clemson when Trevor showed up. With as much talent as these teams have, they have 44 or more players who can start anywhere but there are only 22 spots. You need to be really talented to pull off a transfer as it has been reported there are more players in the portal than there are places to go.

Time will tell on Johnson, but I agree with some about opting for the lesser competition. Not sure that is a good move. Wish him the best, as he was a **** good Dawg!

• Options

Not sure he a was a DGD. Are we lowering the bar a little? Is there a requisite for obtaining that status? Or is it if you play for UGA and contribute somewhat you just automatically are? Would like to hear comments.

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

FSU program is a disaster! Why would anybody leave UGA for FSU?