Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

DawgNation Conversation: Watch a holiday conversation with Jake Fromm

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageDawgNation Conversation: Watch a holiday conversation with Jake Fromm

What has life been like for former Georgia QB Jake Fromm in the NFL? How is the No. 3 QB role with the Bills? What is it like for him watching Georgia football now? Dawgnation had an extended conversation with Fromm recently on all of those things and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 348 ✭✭✭ Junior

say what you will, but Fromm was a **** good QB for UGA.

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Still firmly of the opinion that Jake is a Belichick QB.

An OC on the field, puts the ball on target, dissects a defense pre-snap, makes very few, if any, mistakes, tough, and has arm strength that some have (wrongfully) questioned, but can make ANY throw on the field. Just saying.... and I told Belichick the same thing. Jake is not going to play in front of the Buffalo Love Child, not any time soon.

In fact, I'd be surprised if Jake Fromm from the Woods and Tom Brady from Holly-Wood wouldn't hit it off handsomely.

Just saying, keep your eye on this guy. Not sure how he's STILL being underestimated (game manager - BS - he's a game changer), but that will change, when he's in the right system.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All that separated UGA and maybe Bama and definitely UF this year was QB. As much of a fan and defender of Fromm as I was for three years, I just can’t help but feel he bailed on the Dawgs and don’t understand why. With a natty, he would have been given a key to the mint in Georgia for the rest of his life. All that separates Belue from every other QB for the Dawgs since 1980 is Herschel and the claim of being the National Championship quarterback for the Dawgs even though he was 0 for 13 in the NC game. Jake could have been King of Dawg Nation but settled for fifth round pick and COVID QB in a city known more for chicken wings than pig skin!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jake may have made the difference in attitude and swag against the Big Boys, he wouldn't have been intimidated at the very least that's for sure. Who knows? But he did short change himself in leaving. Not sure exactly what it was, I guess we'll never know, was it the fans didn't appreciate him enough he felt? Was it just not liking Kirby that much? Was it having to learn a new offense and doing it with only 1 proven receiver? Jake doesn't seem like the opt out type. Just now sure. Kirby did give Jake props so I doubt it was that. Did he feel like he had nothing left to prove or perhaps he just got some bad Intel that he would go higher in the draft.

Maybe one day a few years from now, he'll say.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry, I didn't watch the video, but I still feel like Fromm was screwed over by the analysts. I mean, he was the left alone at the top of the board for a long, long time while others below him got selected time and time again. I can just imagine what it was like with his family watching all together sitting through 166 picks above him.

I am certain he would make excuses as to why what he did was "right", but I doubt he would've chosen to leave had he known that he'd be at position #167 and selected by a team that really didn't necessarily want him but just thought he was a "good deal".

That being said, while you can debate what would've happened, I am very much looking forward to a full season with Daniels at the helm.

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Jake is in a good place. Buck's highlights at the pro level were with the Montreal Expos. Good guy but not the player Jake is. You want to see guys "bailing" on the Dawgs, look at the prima donnas opting out of finishing the season with their brothers because they need 120+ days to "train" for the NFL draft. At least Jake finished his last year. Oh, and as for Buffalo, might want to revise your opinion this year. But I still think Jake will end up somewhere else. Okay, great to kick these things around and, as always, we'll see.

BTW, I think JT Daniels is a better QB. Just wish he'd been played earlier. That's on Kirby.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JT was supposed to play before his knee was ready? There’s a difference between being cleared and being ready! Since QBs don’t take hits in practice, Kirby was supposed to disregard JT’s well being before being 100% sure the knee was sound and JT was 100% mobile against SEC defenses? I have to disagree. Now, if Kirby had put him in earlier in the season before JT was ready and the knee was again tore up causing him to miss the rest of this year and next, that would have been on Kirby!

• Options
    plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

Did not hear interview, but do to you think, the best question, would have been, if you would have stayed at UGA for another year, played under the new system, thrown thirty passes per game, competed for H. Trophy, won a natty,,,,,Would have been selected higher in draft and made much more money than being 167 pick,,,,would you do anything different?

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

umm...always says the right thing? really? Most genies never quite fit back in the bottle, except maybe an elite one.

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2020

Sorry, Jeff and DawgNation, but I'm not going to watch anything on your Google-owned YouTube channel. Those left coast tech companies are a big part of the reason our national discourse continues to deteriorate and divisions deepen. You can try to move "exclusive" content to that platform the way so many other media companies have done with alternate networks and behind paywalls, but I cannot and will not knowingly support Google in their effort to control access to all knowledge. And lest you think this is some partisan diatribe, it's not. The occupants of the White House, past, current and future, are NOT the main problem. It's the 535 jugheads "working" in the Capitol building that have been and will continue to be our undoing. I know this isn't the place to fight this battle, and I apologize if I offended anyone, but Jeff brought up the YouTube channel. Merry Christmas to all, and a Happy New Year, too! Go Dawgs!