Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

LIVE UPDATES: Georgia vs. Cincinnati Peach Bowl, news injuries scoring

124»

Comments

• GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

WWACD???? "What Would Alabama or Clemson Do" against such an opponent? Those who say "a win is a win" is not thinking about winning championships. Podlesny does make that kick and these boards would be lighting UP!!!! This game should not have been close by any stretch.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My mistake, forgot about cincinnati td 1st drive of 2nd half.. So held them to 7 points in the 2nd half.

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have to give the Bearcats and their coaching staff credit. They most definitely were coached up and motivated to play. However, I think this should dispel any thought of them being a playoff contender. Georgia by no means belonged in the final four and Cincinnati was playing a team missing 2 key first team lineman, best cornerback, best safety and starting middle linebacker amongst a few other key players.

Cinci was a formidable opponent for most of what will be the 2021 starters and I fully believe the Bearcats deserved the ranking they came in with.

JT’s arm strength wasn’t really there today and he had a very noticeable limp late in the game. He under threw 5 or 6 balls today. He’ll have to get rid of the deep ball quicker when throwing to A. Smith. That young man can fly. Let’s see who declares, who transfers and then get healthy and start preparing for next year. Man I hope we get a spring.

• robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

The game didn't look as good as it was because we shot ourselves in the foot so much-shank punt, fumble while driving, int in endzone, couple ticky tack penalties. We didn't dominate the O line like we should, but missing HIll and Cleveland might have been a factor. Cinn only had two drives and one long run all day. Our D really did dominate.

• 2statedawg2statedawg Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman

You guys kill me. We had 2 starters out on the OLine, we were 1 of 11 on third down conversations, we had 6 penalties and 2 turn overs. We had guys out on the defense .They had the ball 3 more minutes than we did. We had 45 yards total rushing. We were without Cook. They were highly motivated and we still came back from 11 down in the fourth quarter to win against a top 10 team. What a testament to our program that we could win considering the way we played.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good comments you made there. I don’t know the exact spot in the game somewhere around mid 3rd qtr. I think JT had gotten hurt somewhat and it was affecting his play. That’s not an excuse it just seems it took some pep out of his throws. Gotta give the BearCats credit they were highly motivated and they played very hard. Their HC and coaching staff deserve Allot of credit and I mean Allot. They coached these kids Up much higher than their recruit ranking. That’s Good Coaching . But the Dawgs HC and coaching staff obviously coached Up the Defense and it showed in the second half, especially when it counted most. I echo your hopes for a normal spring and season for that matter. I want to see in particular what JT can do having the benefit of All normal spring and summer practices And him being 100% healthy. That is of course if he beats out the other guys to retain the starting job. It’s my humble opinion that we’ve yet to see the best of JT Daniels and I believe he does in fact ave much more to offer he just hasn’t had sufficient time. A salute to the BearCats they have a bright future in front of them. I respect how they came in and played nose to nose with our beloved Dawgs who on paper were supposed to be superior to them. But it does need to be noted we were missing a ton of guys on our D. And two instrumental pieces of our O line. I’m just glad we got the W. Feels allot better than a Loss !!

• WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

@2statedawg , Thank you for making it plain for all of these fair weather fans. Name me any other school not named Alabama or Clemson that could have won this game against one of the best defenses in the country by missing 2 starters on the o-line and 6 or 7 starters on defense. Yes, I said 6 or7; LeCounte, Rice, Walker, Johnson, Stokes, Webb and sometimes DJ Daniel. I don't anyone overcomes that against a JR and SR roster on the other side of the field.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2021

Yes, exactly. Daniels had a very bad day, underthrowing Smith twice and missing a wide open Burton deep. What should have been 21 points ended up being 3. And on top of that there's the bad interception and fumble. The intent here is not to bash or call out Daniels; I do think he's the real deal and will play better than what we saw today given more time to fully heal and develop a rhythm with his O line and receivers. He simply had an off day. The outcry over the coaching is predictable, but the fact is if Daniels had simply played at or near the level we know he's capable of playing - because we've seen it at Georgia - this game wouldn't have been close. In fact, I'd say Smart and his staff deserve credit for not letting this game get away from them and getting their players to gut out the win on a day when the team wasn't playing its best.

It was a win against an extremely motivated top 10 opponent. That's something to celebrate, even if it could have been prettier.

• WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

My only critiques would be Daniels not getting rid of the ball and taking sacks; Daniels going for the home-run on every play and often under throwing receivers; coaching/clock management....

BTW, was Clay Webb one of the players out due to COVID??? Truss was not ready at O-tackle

GO DAWGS!!!!!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey fellow Dawgs fans, what will be the Dawgs final ranking when it’s all said and done ?? And a thought here, I believe if the Dawgs can break through and win a Natty soon. It won’t be a one and done but set up a new era for DawgNation. The thing is it’s Got to happen very soon . Hopefully 2021 campaign. I won’t at this time get into all the nuances of why. Win a Ntl. Title in the 2021/2022 campaign and it will be the beginning of a new era for Dawgs football.

• ARdawgARdawg Posts: 8 ✭✭ Sophomore

Great Finish but without a doubt, that's the first 5 point FG I have ever seen

• harleydawgharleydawg Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophomore

Number 1, I'm proud of our team. The adversity that K.S. spoke of was overwhelming. We had 11 people (starters) that were out for different reason. Florida, anyone remember Fla/Ok game...had 15 starters out. Look at the results of THAT game vs. OUR game. That's all you have to do. Daniels missed some throws, an interception....they don't have the stat for "hurries" in college, they should. Rarely did he get an opportunity to get rid of the ball w/o someone in his face. I, for one am very proud of our team. Auburn fired Malzahn, one of the few coaches that has beaten Nick Saban more than once...AFTER having beaten Ms. St. They fired an outstanding coach in Tommy Tubberville, hence he's the one that jump started Cincy's football program to what it is today. What is it going to take for some of you that are bashing this team. We have a very good team, and if it hadn't been for the depth that K. S. has in this team, we would have been like the Fla/Ok game., GO DAWGS!