Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football 2021 player updates: NFL draft announcements, returnees and transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football 2021 player updates: NFL draft announcements, returnees and transfer portal

The page turned very quickly for Georgia from the 2020 season and team to 2021. The Bulldogs saw redshirt sophomore Azeez Ojulari declare for the NFL draft not even 24 hours after his defensive MVP performance in the Peach Bowl. Ojulari won't be the last player from the 2020 team to make an announcement on their

Read the full story here

Comments

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If everyone returns we just might win a Natty next year.

• bigdawg88bigdawg88 Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

DJ Daniel and Mark Webb in particular. They should move to S to have a better chance at the NFL. Otherwise they're Arena League bound.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We need many of the aforementioned defensive players and Jamaree to stay but I pray Davis stays, we desperately need him on defense next year.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

With all the players that have the option of leaving, thanks for nothing Conner, that is the worst article I have ever read. SMH. Just saying.

COME BACK DAWGS!!!!!!

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2021

A couple of these kids might be early-ish rounders, so have a decent chance of sticking and maybe even excelling in the league. I suspect for at least another few, they're really struggling with the simultaneous grind of serious academics and big-time balling... so rather than continuing to suffer, might as well take their chances on pursuing only the latter. But surely several have been sipping cool aide... they aren't as ready as they've been told they are by their "advisors", won't get drafted high if at all, will likely have short-lived pro careers because they won't be getting the "development" they need, and very possibly wish they'd completed that college degree that was there for the taking. In any case, they're blessed to have such choices, and I hope their hard work next year (wherever that might be) gets them closer to their dream. Go Dawgs!

• 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am also waiting to see whether any of our coaches hop on the college or or NFL Carousel over the offseason, and who we might pick up as a coach or an off-field hire.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

All of those who have not announced will only help their status by returning except, maybe, Jordan Davis. I think Jordan is a late first round early second round choice, but could slide a little lower than that. I think, with a good year next year, he could be a top 10 choice.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If SEC football can safely play a 10 game season, spring practice and summer workouts should be no problem. That will be huge for the young players that have some big shoes to fill and all the QBs!

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

2-3 rd they should go . if not it's a crap shoot. Good luck to them all. I hope Nate McBride gets a chance in someone's camp.

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Azeez has the best chance of all players in this draft. Maybe a late 1st, but probably 2nd. Was watching Chase Young last night. I wonder if Azeez stayed one more year could he moved up to be a top 5 pick!

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think he's more than likely done with football, unless he goes to coaching.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope they all return except for Webb, Robertson, Hill, and Shaffer. I just don't think we would miss them all that much. I'm glad Azeez played in the Peach Bowl because I think it was the right thing to to do. But I don't necessarily agree that he vastly improved his draft stock by playing. It's nice for us as Dawg fans that he played so well, but I think NFL scouts already know what he can do. The Peach Bowl just confirmed that. If he does well at the Combine, I think he can sneak into the first round. If just average, he'll probably go to the second round. But what I'd like to know is whether his little brother is still contemplating leaving LSU and if so, would UGA be a likely landing spot for him?

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow, a SM post like that from Daniels, and not a peep in the comments section. I guess people had already assumed he was staying? Even still, that's a big deal! Go JT and Go Dawgs!

• Beachbike2000Beachbike2000 Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

Love my DAWGS!!!! Played with such gut and determination. They never laid down. Proud of all the guys the suited up for the game.

Already looking forward to 2021 and JT stick around...........

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 336 ✭✭✭ Junior

didn't JT Daniels say he was coming back today, so shouldn't this article be updated?

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The League is a brutal place, you are a dime a dozen if you arent top tier in the draft. For many all they will get will be their signing bonus, so better make it count. I know for any kid coming out of college and seeing any contract over 10$ an hour probably seems like you're suddenly rich, but it's an illusion. Think long and hard about what really matters and where you will go in the draft. Get multiple opinions and let your ego go.

My advice to 2020 rookies: DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY. That number you see on your contract is fake. You will pay roughly 40% to 50% in taxes, agent fees, union dues, 401k account + necessary insurance. Also, a large portion of your contract is NOT GUARANTEED. (1/5)

— Byron Jones (@Byron31Jump) April 23, 2020