Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stock report: Georgia rising stars trigger buy in after stirring Peach Bowl victory

SystemSystem Posts: 10,442 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageStock report: Georgia rising stars trigger buy in after stirring Peach Bowl victory

Georgia football saw some young stars take off, and some veterans step up in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl providing momentum for 2021

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Give JT a clean pocket like the BAMA QB gets and see what happens. Bearcats had him weaving and dodging and he still throws for almost 400 yards.

• Options
    RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would add Arian Smith as a stock up receiver for his performance!

• Options

Stock down-O-line, a miserable run blocking performance against a team that Tulsa ran on for 200 yards 2 weeks previous. HUH?

Stock up= Kenny McIntosh, give him more touches and passes out of the back field. Good things happen when he has the ball in his hands and just a little wiggle room.

Jake Camarda- wow, seems like every big game he has a shank. Got to be a mental thing.

Stock up= Latavious Brini, I figured him to be relegated to a back up role his duration at UGA. What was he a 3 star? He made two huge plays and showed some real toughness fighting through blocks and making tackles at the line of scrimmage. **** them!

Stock down-play calling- don't think it was Monken's best game, of course if the O-Line blocks and the backs have a hole every now and then then he might look more like a genius. Felt like we wasted plays trying to make the run work, when it was clear it just wasn't.

Stock way up!! Pods!! Cool as a cucumber, he doesn't waste a lot of time trying to visualize everything, he just gets back there and says Go!

Justin Fields did what many UGA fans feared he might do and had the game of a lifetime. Don't be surprised if they beat BAMA., and win the NAtty. Kirby never saw it coming. Crickets!!

• Options

S-t-o-n-e-d is a forbidden word? Can we say nailed? Crushed? Stymied? Lit them up? THat could be a reference to getting .....never mind.

• Options

Luke Fickell isn’t done — look for him to one-day get a job at a major Power 5 program and face Smart in a CFP game.

Let's pray he doesn't come to FLA any time soon. Rumors are Mullins to the NFL. Rumors I said. Fickell showed he can do more with less than coaches with more.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2021

Agree on all points. In particular, Daniels clearly isn't as polished as Lawrence, Fields, Jones, et al, but the kid has been completely hammered in all 4 games. If we can bolster the porous OL next year, Daniels will ratchet his game up and really shine under Monken.

Relatedly, Luke has to do a better job of coaching up these incredibly heralded but under-performing OLs we've got and keep getting.

Campbell definitely needs another year of work, which should make him dominant by mid-season 2021. Ditto Cine. Throw in the likes of Brini, Stevenson, Burns, Ringo, etc. and pass defense should be a real strength.

I'd said through the first half of the season that Camarda was our MVP. One shanked punt, though a beauty, won't keep him from being ALL America and a huge weapon for us in 2021.

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why are some treating this Peach Bowl win as a stellar victory??? The game should have been over by halftime. Instead, it was a nail biter to the end with a decent chance of losing. Cincinnati is ranked top 10 based on who played (nobody). Miami, UNC were all top 10 at one time until they themselves played a quality opponent. Happy we won, but I for one, was not pleased with the performance.

• Options
    SCDawgFanSCDawgFan Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2021

Where is the love for Christopher Smith? He really stepped up in several instances in the bowl game and improved steadily after filling in for Richard Lecounte the last half of the season.

• Options

If we want to run with the Big Dogs then we have to start thinking better and expecting more. I expected we would blow out Missouri, many fans were biting their nails. I expected we blow out Cincy. Most fans didn't. I was proved right in Missouri and proved wrong with Cincy. I still believe we should have. Many pundits believe (so do I) that we shot ourselves in the foot repeatedly. I think we had 150 more yards of offense than they had. Apparently so.

Would BAMA fans this year or of recent years expect a Missouri game to be a nail biter? or even if they played a Cincinnati? Or would they expect to go in their and dominate and throw down? You tell me. How did Saban and Dabo do it? They developed a culture of excellence and demanded it. Hopefully Kirby will get us there, but it's clear we're not there yet. The fans attitude can tell us where we are. We're happy and thrilled to escape those bad dude Bearcats.

I don't care if BAMA had their whole O-Line out with Covid and had to play all 2nd stringers, theirs no way under heaven they run for under 100 yards, much less however many we had. BAMA beats that Cincy team by 24 points. But most UGA fans are happy with a win is a win, mentality. That's what I'm talking about.

Until we change the culture, we'll always be the team they talk about as, Could this be the year? I don't want to go into next year hoping and crossing my fingers we can beat Florida or SC or Missouri. I hope we can get past that kind of mindset. But it has to be proven on the field.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The stock would be considerably different on burton if Daniels hadn't overthrown on that one big play. Would've been an easy walk-in.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can we please just stop redshirting players, especially defensive players, already?

So glad Azeez Ojulari didn’t play his freshman year. Glad we saved that eligibility for him.

We don’t need to see any more redshirt sophomores leaving school early to go pro.

Just play them.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Daniels is a gamer but his delivery is slower than Christmas.

Maybe they can work on that during the off-season.

• Options
    CaptainchipCaptainchip Posts: 13 ✭✭ Sophomore

Ease up a little there class of 98. Ojulari had ACL knee surgery December after his senior season due to injury, and needed more weight. It is always best to give them the time they need to heal and develop. I feel sure coach Smart knows what he is doing.

• Options
    DAWGS34DAWGS34 Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

”largest 2nd half comeback under Smart’s tenure “? Weren’t we down 17 at half against Oklahoma in rose bowl?

• Options
    WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

Can someone please tell me why Clay Webb was missing from the lineup? Did he have COVID-19, academic issues, injured or what???

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think better pass protection will help. Think about it... when you have time in the pocket, you're already poised to throw the ball , so your release can be immediate. But when you're dropping back and at the same time seeing opposing jerseys breaking through, you're likely thinking of how to protect the ball (versus release it), where to escape, and/or possibly take a hit (even if able to pass) with fewest bones being crushed... particularly since the previous pass play, that's probably exactly what happened. Better OL performance in pass protection and getting the run game consistently going will absolutely help our QBs. But I agree, JT must (and I believe will) be even better next year.