Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia signee Amarius Mims mentioned as part of latest drama at Tennessee

SystemSystem Posts: 11,147 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia signee Amarius Mims mentioned as part of latest drama at Tennessee

ESPN's Mark Schlabach reported on Thursday that Tennessee will not be extending any contracts for assistant coaches and implemented a hiring freeze on any vacancies as it investigates any recruiting violations that occurred within Jeremy Pruitt's program. In the same report, Schlabach mentions that one of the players

Read the full story here

Comments

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good ol' rocky flop 💪

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bobo to Auburn? Interesting.

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Harsin wants Bobo, I wonder since SC did not retain Joe Cox if Bobo has a deal that he would come if he can bring his guys (i.e. Friend and Cox) ?

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

We all know that any shade of orange cheats!

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bobo at auburn??? He's sunk to the very bottom, sad to see.

• DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yes indeed, any shade of orange cheats. I'll never forget an Alabama license place I saw years ago that summed up Alabama fans' antipathy toward Tennessee, specifically their head coach at the time- FUFULMR.

The only times Tennessee is any good is if Georgia and Alabama aren't recruiting well, or Tennessee is cheating.

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The bad news for DN is Bobo going to Auburn. The good news is that he is bringing Will Friend with him! Friend is the laziest recruiter in the history of recruiting and a terrible position coach! Good for us!

• Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

What about the player's father who couldn't use a folding chair without severing his finger? Shouldn't that be investigated? Where did the chair wizard go to college?

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pruitt looks so unhappy in that picture above. On a positive note, I hear UT is going to update their bathroom facilities at Kneeland stadium. All stadium outhouses will be updated with sweet, new wooden paneling! 😁

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2021

OK, let me make sure I have this straight. In the past few months SC fired Muschamp and hired Shane Beamer. Shane then retained Bobo as his OC who immediately stole Will Friend from Tennessee, but had to pay UT $50,000 for breaking his contract. UT can’t hire a replacement due to a freeze associated with the Pruitt investigation which also apparently implicates Will Friend as one of the culprits and may put him in NCAA Jail for life or longer. Now, Bobo has bailed on his contract at SC and is heading to Auburn, but not without his buddy Will Friend who left UT for SC, signed a contract last week and is now breaking that contract to go to Auburn. Of course, Friend may be placed on some type of crazy NCAA probation. Here’s the craziest part of this convoluted story. Guess who is the favorite for the UT job if the NCAA puts them on a 5-10 year probation and fires Pruitt? Yep, believe it or not the fan base is excited about potentially hiring the one and only Gus Malzahn who just made over $20,000,000 from Auburn for getting fired. Of course, he will likely get a raise at UT because they have very deep pockets. Folks, I’m not kidding, this is based on a true story. 🤪

Go Dawgs!!!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The good news is we may now have a chance to recruit Gunner Stockton with Bobo and Muschamp gone from SC. Gunner, please give us a second look and stay home and play for the Dawgs!!!

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So do they think Mims was offered $$ or do they know he received $$. If so, how does that impact his availability to play?

• atadawgatadawg Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2021