Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart: Remembering Alabama title game, plotting to conquer

SystemSystem Posts: 11,147 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart: Remembering Alabama title game, plotting to conquer

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart said he usually doesn't think about the CFP Championship Game loss until it's time for another one to be played

Read the full story here

Comments

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The SEC East is the DAWGS for the taking....We will meet Bama in the 2021 SEC Championship, and Kirby will have the best chance of his career to beat Saban. No excuses. On to the playoffs in 2021!!

GO DAWGS!!

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All facts. Especially if ol mullen bolts for the jets. Don't get me wrong though, Missouri may sneak up on some folks this year. They were pretty stout, even for a 1st year coached team. Same with Arkansas, even though aren't in our division.

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 247 ✭✭✭ Junior

Gosh that loss stings so much. There were SO MANY PLAYS that could have changed the outcome. Even Lane Kiffin later admitted that there were at least 10 plays, that if ANY of them went UGA’s way, the dogs win.

I recall one of our DB’s just BARELY bobbling an interception in the back of the end zone in the 4th quarter. I believe the Tide tied the game on the next play.

And there was a play late in the game that Tua somehow evaded a sack for a big loss on 3rd down and instead made a big gain.

And, of course, Tyler Simmons was not off-sides on the blocked punt.

Our day will come, and UGA fans will enjoy it a thousand times more than any pleasure Tide nation gets from winning tonight. Them winning tonight is like Bill Gates winning $20K on a scratch off lottery ticket. Just throw it on the pile, whatever.

Every dog has his day. Ours is coming.

• dawgfan623dawgfan623 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

Anyone else get sick to you stomach reading this......brought back haunting memories from that game.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep. Not sure why this rehashing was necessary. Like we don't know?

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I skipped over the last bit where Bama took it from us. I agree with MontanaDawg.....SEC agin Bama, but I'll add on to the playoffs and a ....Natty!

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA will be in this game next year. 2020 fluke year.

• DrSwimDawgDrSwimDawg Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

This article is another example of what Georgia has been doing since the glorious 1980 Championship, living in a story, reminiscing on what could have been, and dreaming about what may lay ahead. The entire Dawg Nation is tired of stories, excuses, and rebuilding. If Georgia Football were a home, it’s the one with the most remodeling done to it without anyone living in it. Let’s stop the BS, and start holding Smart accountable. It’s clear that he has not known to utilize the raw and extensive talent that has come into Georgia. A great recruiter, but a lot to be desired when it comes to his ability to produce meaningful results, AKA, a National Championship. The story continues ...