Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia-Clemson 2021 'Game of Year' hype: QBs battled at rival high schools

SystemSystem Posts: 10,501 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia-Clemson 2021 'Game of Year' hype: QBs battled at rival high schools

Georgia QB JT Daniels and Clemson QB D.J. Uiagalelei played twice in 2017 as high school rivals in what's regarded as the toughest prep football league in the nation, per MaxPreps

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This looks to be a fun one! These type of matchups between two storied programs, always get me fired up.

GO, Daniels!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It should be a great match-up between Georgia and Clemson. My only concern is the secondary, but Clemson also has some position units to shore up.

Can't wait for that game!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BAMA players could have gone to the League and been 1st round picks but they chose to defer the money a year and come back and take care of unfinished business. I love how our players have bought into that theme. we may not win the Natty next season but I believe we have the personnel and the right kind of attitude to do so. Come on coaches, get the best out of them.

Sarkisian's play design was a work of art. Simple and yet innovative. He utilized his players strengths to the max.

Not sure why you don't double cover Smith. He was the one guy you couldn't let beat you, but he beat you like a drum.

• Options
    BoydCrowderBoydCrowder Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wow, those two high schools have quite the QB pipeline.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2021

Interesting QB comparison history...Expecting a battle in the trenches between the Dawgs and the Tigers. The outcome will set the tone for the entire season.

Think about the game last night and this folks when you look at how the 2021 season is setting up for the Dawgs:

Many of the Bama star players who played last night were freshman in 2017 when the Dawgs came up just short of beating the Tide in the CFP National Championship. And look how many of the Bama players decided to forgo the NFL draft and come back for one more season. Just like the # of Dawgs who have committed to coming back next season, there was "unfinished business"...the question is will the Dawgs finish their business or fall short?

Personally, I think 2021 will be a very pivotal season for Kirby and the Dawgs.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This article vividly reminds me that the longest part of the year (for College Football fans) starts today. A little over 7 months before the season starts, time will creep by until, suddenly, it is time for kickoff. Can't wait.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

This needs to be Kirby's year, if not when the season is over he will look in the mirror and see Mark Richt! Mark will look back and say you have next year............

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You can't fire a guy for getting you in the top 10 every year. You may want more and we do. , but unless Mullins starts beating us 50% then top 10 is not going to get you fired. Replace him with who? The only alternative is to buy Saban away from BAMA or Dabo from Clemson. Both aren't happening.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is DJ really 6’4 250 at 19 years old? Monster and zero fun to tackle as a runner.