Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

5-star quarterback Gunner Stockton de-commits from South Carolina

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
image5-star quarterback Gunner Stockton de-commits from South Carolina

One of the top quarterback prospects in the 2022 recruiting cycle is uncommitted once again, as 5-star quarterback Gunner Stockton backed off his pledge to South Carolina on Tuesday. Stockton committed to Will Muschamp and the Gamecocks back in August. "Back in August, I made the decision to commit to the University,

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why would this young man sign with UGA?...Auburn is where he ends up I would bet!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Billy2131 To answer your question UGA offers a much better education and a much more stable football program.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope Gunner realizes now how quickly things can and will change with coaching staffs. In 2 years I bet we will be in need of an OC and Bobo will be first in line to return to his alma mater. Go Gunner and Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Gunner's team defeated Vandagriff's earlier this year. Both of these young men are winners. Georgia is the QB capital of the US.

If he ends up at AU, I hope he is able to give Bama fits in the iron bowl every year!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he went to SC because of Bobo(staff) then why wouldn't he go to Auburn and staff? This could get interesting. I was never worried about the kid going to SC, they just don't get the same supporting cast that Auburn can get. New head coach and all, we'll see. We may miss Ole Gus and beating the dawg mess out his Auburn teams.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope Gunner signs with UGA, but that's unlikely since Brock will have a year head start. Stockton is the real deal.

For an apples to apples comparison, Stockton's team was a class level higher than Vandergriff's.

• Options
    vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope he give UGA a second look. Hopefully these guys can see that it's not all bad and come in a sit behind some really good guys for a couple of years after the year Matt Jones just had. My guess is that he follows Bobo to Auburn, but we can hope.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

you gotta love life and recruiting in the SEC

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Following a coach or recruiter or friend of the family after they change schools rarely, if ever, works out for the kid. I mean , what magical skills does Bobo possess that ensures the kid will turn into a can’t miss NFL draft prospect? I sure haven’t seen it.

• Options

Just watched some film on him and he reminds me a lot of Baker Mayfield , his feet are always moving, good scrambler, definitely more elusive than Brock. Cannon for an arm. Says 6 ft. 1" probably means more like 5' 11" 1/2. Don't know about leadership. Looks like a good one.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

South Carolina is one hot mess! Shane Beamer? Really? Muschamp has his faults, but Shane Beamer is supposed to be an upgrade? Vandy now has a very good chance of escaping the cellar of the SEC.

Am I wrong to assume Stockton is another run first QB in the mold of Bo Nix? Regardless of classification, Brock has outstanding mechanics and rarely throws off his back foot and that translates to success at any classification. He is a throw first and run if necessary QB which is rare for a dual threat. I wouldn’t trade him for any QB in this or the next cycle!

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bobo at Auburn will be a pain for UGA. He is a top notch QB developer and OC. We will lose many offensive stars that direction. Under him QBs will go to the NFL along with RBs and WRs.

CKS was foolish not to hire him and bring him back to Athens with the talent that CKS is able to recruit a true Xs and Os coach on the field would have been a great thing to have

• Options

Bill O'Brien to BAMA as OC.