Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jeremy Pruitt fired, Tennessee football unravels amid 'stunning, shocking' investigation into violat

SystemSystem Posts: 10,411 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageJeremy Pruitt fired, Tennessee football unravels amid 'stunning, shocking' investigation into violations

ATHENS — Kirby Smart typically makes it a point to keep his focus inward, but the Georgia football coach along with the rest of the SEC is surely taking note of what is transpiring in Knoxville. Jeremy Pruitt and nine other UT football staff members, including assistant coaches Brian Niedermeyer and Shelton Felton,

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This shows exactly why opruitt is another overrated coach..if you cheat, you're SUPPOSED to win. I thought he looked good in Orange, Clowns always do.

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2021

This is another stain on Fulmer's career. He got run out of his coaching position after a decade of mediocrity following their Natty. He returns to preside over the stool specimen that was the Pruitt regime.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2021

Pruitt deserves what he got based on everything I have read concerning his treatment of players and disrespect for rules. But you gotta feel for the fans who have been through the wringer over the last decade or more.

All I can say is that we'd better not EVER hear about a serious NCAA investigation and proven guilt into Smart's program...

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The fact that Big Cat Bryant announced his transfer to Tennessee yesterday really raises questions. If he knew this was coming, and recognizing there will be bowl bans, etc., you have to wonder about his motivation. If they did not tell him it was coming and allowed him to transfer in, that’s really deceptive.

Not particularly sorry for Mays, though.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There has to be a reason Mullins was putting out feelers to NFL teams.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sure it is. But it could be anything from simply wanting a raise, to fearing that he doesn't have the right players to compete next year, and he's trying to jump ship, while the getting is good. Or, maybe he's afraid of more recruiting violations being found out?

• Options

This dumpster fire can't be doing Cade Mays any good with his development. I hate it for Cade, I really do. He doesn't deserve this, and it could and should have been avoided.

But his Father is to blame, and on some level it's poetic justice. For calling Kirby's program "toxic". Boy did that turn around and bite him in the whatchacallit...

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I read on another site that the primary reason Big Cat Bryant transferred to UT this past Saturday was so he could reunite with his high school coach (Shelton Felton) who was fired today. Dang, that was a quick family reunion!!! Besides, we didn’t need an egotistical dude named “Big Cat”.....and he’s now just a “little Vol” along with his buddy Cade who escaped the “toxic environment” in Athens. Oh well, looks like karma is on a roll this week!!! Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Do we know if Cade Mays father has hired an attorney? I sure they can come up with something to sue TN football!

• Options

He can sue for lost wages. Pruitt ran a toxic program, and that set Cade's development back. Must be worth 1- Million easy.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

When all is said and done it will probably come out that Cade’s transfer was a recruitment violation with Cade’s father during the time Pruitt was recruiting Cade’s brother. Cade’s father and Pruitt are very toxic and I urge everyone to stay clear of any dealings with either.

Shelton Felton is another one you better be careful dealing with.

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2021

"Pruitt was responsible for the hiring of them". Well who was responsible for hiring Pruitt ? Exactly, but he not only doesn't get fired, he gets to help pick the next coach. Go figure. I know who hired him (quoting the chancellor) and if you watched the presser, he said he would help with the next hire

• Options
    cincydawgcincydawg Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fulmer hired Pruitt. He is "retiring" and will not pick the next coach.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Mays boys must be going whacko. Their hero and position coach (Will Friend) left several weeks ago for SC and then one week later left SC for Auburn. It will be interesting to see if he had anything to do with the illegal recruiting since he beat UGa for several 5-star offensive linemen. Now Pruitt is gone as is Fulmer. This is truly a dumpster fire at the highest level. Ole “9 fingers” (ie Cade’s father) must be losing it. Now we just need to win a NC to really rub it in the faces of the obnoxious Mays family and their lying attorney. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 348 ✭✭✭ Junior

can't wait for this dumpster fire to explode.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm glad Fulmer isn't escaping the axe.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not going to gloat over this turn of events (although it would probably feel good), but I don't feel sorry for Pruitt and Co., either. The fact that the chancellor is admitting things up front and not really trying to defend anyone tells me that the situation is real bad. The whole Cade Mays transfer was a @#$! -show from the get-go, but now this puts his decision to transfer there in an even more sinister light. I said this last year and I'll say it again -- I will NEVER understand why any kid who is wanted by both UGA and UT would choose the Volunteers over the Dawgs. There is NOTHING about that team or program that makes it a better fit than us, and I don't care if you had a guaranteed starting job from the day you graduated high school. Anyway, moving on. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

“Ole 9 fingers” No you didn’t BubbaBill!