Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: 5-star DB Terrion Arnold has made his college decision

SystemSystem Posts: 11,088 admin
edited February 2021 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: 5-star DB Terrion Arnold has made his college decision

Terrion Arnold was the last big remaining target for Georgia in the 2021 recruiting cycle. What did he decide during his nationally-televised decision? Was it 'Bama or UGA?

Read the full story here

Comments

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wish he’d have chose the Dawgs. But wish him the best as long as it’s not when we play Bama. When the Dawgs play Bama with all respect to him I hope our receivers blow by him like a jet !! Go Dawgs !!

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well that sucks.

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 268 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 2021

The rich get richer. You could tell from his comments in a previous article that it was Bama. My sources (and I don't have many) told me the same. Business decision, basketball possibility, Saban recruiting him directly, etc. Once I saw "business decision" in the article, I knew that his personal relationship with Sorey wasn't going to be a factor. I think the kid was impressed that Saban stepped in heavy towards the end. He can be very persuasive. I think UGA was his second choice, but that doesn't mean much in the end. I think UGA will be OK without him, but it sure would've been nice to get him. We have some good prospects for 2022 (understatement) and I look for UGA to have the #1 class next year. It's already shaping up to be outstanding and if we make a championship run, it will probably be a slam dunk.

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

**** decision as he will be in the transfer portal soon.

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This stings a lot. Best Wishes to him in games that don't affect us.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With this signee Arnold, Bama has just inked the best recruiting class in the history of college football. Seriously. They have signed the #1 recruiting class in 9 of the last 11 years. Egads.

Saban has done it again...but the Dawgs have done very well and should certainly be playing them in the SEC Championship game in 2021...

GO DAWGS!!

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The rich get richer.

• jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 217 ✭✭✭ Junior

We did very well but when you look at all those NC rings on Saban's hand, that is a pretty good recruiting tool without saying a word. We'll get there, hopefully sooner than later, and best wishes to the young man.

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 268 ✭✭✭ Junior

You are right on target. Probably his best class ever, maybe the best college class ever, period, and that is scary. I think the pandemic actually helped Saban this year because he didn't have to travel to meet recruits, could just rely on his reputation, and winning history/national championships, everyone was home watching the championship game.... and ZOOM. UGA's strengths are to get them on campus, get them to a game with our awesome UGA atmosphere, new facilities, coaches, and then pull some of these guys away from the dark side.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2021

Yeppers. You can't be anything but impressed with the "machine' and "formula" for success that Saban has created. Bama has won 6 National Championships in the last 11 years, been in the National Championship game 8 of the last 11 years, and been in the current playoffs in 6 of the 7 years since inception. Pretty impressive. No team really comes close.

But just think about this: Gus Malzahn, the HC that Auburn just fired, has beaten Saban 3 times in the last 8 years. Ole Miss has beaten Saban twice in recent history (and played them a pretty darn close game until mid Q4 in 2020). Bama is beatable. In Kirby's 3 loses to Saban, the Dawgs were leading in every single game. In fact, until this past season, Bama hadn't had an undefeated season since 2009. Can you believe that? Saban just knows how to win the games he needs to win. It ain't rocket science, but it is a process and a skill. More than anything it is a philosophy, a belief that you are the best, and a winning culture and program that feeds on itself. That's pretty simple.

Kirby has done very well and is on Saban's heels....so Bama must be feelin' the HEAT!!

GO DAWGS!!

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

We may have a change at Arnold in the next recruiting class....uh I mean transfer portal.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 903 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia has so much to boast in its recruiting pitch. Our kids will play with the best, sharpening iron with iron, every day in practice. Our program plays in big games and generally competes for titles. We put kids into the league (and they excel there). Education is top-notch. We now have facilities as fine as anywhere. Our coaching staff has serious street cred. I know a few programs can knit-pick around some of those edges, and our coaches do a solid job of highlighting what we have to offer. But I'm telling you, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better college town than Athens. I realize I'm a little biased (having lived there for 4 great years), and it might not be a very important factor to some kids... but for some reason I think it's an undersold tiebreaker. And it was darned hard to showcase that element during this pandemic year. Go Dawgs!

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Won't beat Bama in recruiting until you beat 'em on the field.

Atlanta, December 4, 2021

• Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

ENOUGH ALREADY WITH TERRION ARNOLD!!!