Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Chaz Chambliss: UGA OLB signee makes quite the first impression

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited February 2021 in Article commenting
imageChaz Chambliss: UGA OLB signee makes quite the first impression

What’s that saying? You never get a second chance to make a first impression? Outside linebacker Chaz Chambliss has only been at UGA for a few weeks, but he has already made quite the impression on the Bulldogs coaching staff – so much so that Kirby Smart singled him out for some praise this week on signing day.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There must be a mistake with the picture above. I believe the guy in the picture is a 25 year old professional rassler that goes by the name The Annihilator. That could not be someone who should be finishing his senior year of high school.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was skeptical myself about that actually being Chaz. Several Google images back it up, so it's him. Looks like a NFL player straight out of high school.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Hard worker" label. Other guys are athletic and speedy. Anytime Kirby uses hard worker, I don't know. BUt he definitely looks like he could be a bouncer somewhere.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That is Chaz. Physical specimen.

• 10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 250 ✭✭✭ Junior

The definition of "Put Together Well" = Chaz

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good Goobly Goo !!! If this young man has the ability to match his muscles ( and to be a 4 star he must be pretty close) somebody better call an ambulance cause he’s gonna hurt somebody on the opposing team !! Dude is full grown !! Get after it Chambliss !! Make your name a household brand through out Dawg Nation !! I wish him and ALL our new recruits the Very Best !! And I want to Thank Them All for deciding to come to UGA and be a Dawg !! Go Dawgs !! Sic Em !!!

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 336 ✭✭✭ Junior

WOW he is impressive looking

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He looks more like a world-class bodybuilder.

• RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

I sure hope he ascends higher than that Nate McBride kid. I remember reading a similar article about his track accomplishments years back and thinking we had another David Pollack. Such is way of recruiting, some hit, some miss.

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

What do they feed boys in West Georgia?

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man I love how y’all make articles out of literally one quote and the entire rest of the article is just filler. The first three paragraphs were about Chaz the last four weren’t even about him at all. 😯

• SWDawg68SWDawg68 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That kid is legit - he was not high profile, i don't know why, but if you don't go to all the mandatory showcases.....but who knows

I got to see this kid in action against Sprayberry High School, and Sprayberry is a middle of the road team, but have some great players. One of them, a RB, Damarion Owens who is the complete package and also under the radar. Owens was averaging over 150 yards a game (close to 2000 all purpose yards, I think), but that ended against Carrolton. Chaz was all over the field and took over, double digit tackles and 4 TFL.

This kid is capable of great things and has all the tools, could be a huge asset for us and he will need to be up for the challenge, I am not worried at all! Our position of need is still at the corners, but we are not thin at the ILB or OLB!!!