Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia basketball progress undeniable, but tough tests lie ahead

SystemSystem Posts: 10,706 admin
edited February 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia basketball progress undeniable, but tough tests lie ahead

Georgia basketball has games on deck against No. 11-ranked Alabama on Saturday and No. 10 Missouri next Tuesday in Athens

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2021

Really Mike? “It’s undeniable that we have progressed”....really? We haven’t beaten a “top 40” team and Crean is not winning at the pace we saw with Fox. I’m a loyal Dawg fan, but please don’t sugarcoat what’s going on. You mentioned our games against Auburn and Kentucky as indicators, but they have a combined record of 16-23 which is horrible. Let’s see how the next few games pan-out, but I’m not comfortable because our upcoming opponents are “top 20” teams like Tennessee last night. I pray I’m wrong and you are right that we are “progressing”. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

I have faith in Coach Crean. I think he is one of those, “do more with less” type of coaches.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Are we really progressing, or are my lying eyes deceiving me?

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 425 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Show me one tournament eligible team that UGA has beaten? Georgia padded it's record with wins over lessor teams they should have beaten, and won a few SEC games against teams in the bottom echelon of the conference. Until Crean finds a few big men, this team is going nowhere. I don't see Crean as being any kind of upgrade over Fox so far. So no, progress from the past is the same old, same old.

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Year three (3) of Crean and we have almost nothing to show any type of progress other than players still fighting for wins... We are really searching for answers in the abyss that is UGA basketball.

Basketball is a sport where you can turn around a programs fortunes on the court rather quickly versus almost all other sports in college or in the pro's. Athens is in the epi- center of basketball recruitment heaven being less than 60 miles into the heart of the metro Atlanta area. More 5 and 4 stars available for immediate playing time year after year after year is the norm not the exception.

Crean has two years left to prove to me he can make UGA basketball relevant. Next year he has to make the Big Dance and in year five he has to make the big Dance and advance. Otherwise, UGA needs to hire a young and up coming coach in his early or mid 30's that is dedicated to building UGA into a state, regional and national power house program. UGA has no excuses to not be a relevant powerful SEC and national recognized program. The Talent year after year is literally already outside our door ringing the door bell. We just need a coach that can push this program into a new chapter of UGA basketball. .. Wishes do come true!!!

Go Dawgs!