Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Alabama catches fire from 3, burns Georgia 115-82 in Tuscaloosa

SystemSystem Posts: 10,518 admin
edited February 2021 in Article commenting
imageAlabama catches fire from 3, burns Georgia 115-82 in Tuscaloosa

The Crimson Tide made 18 shots from beyond the 3-point arc while Georgia made only 2 in Saturday's game in Tuscaloosa, and Alabama ran away with the win

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 416 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thanks Griffith. Is this the so-called "progress" you spewed about 48 hours ago? They stink. But thanks for the laugh.

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

A 33 point loss, giving up 115 points in a college game? They aren’t buying what Creen is selling. And I know there will be “but basketball has never been a thing here.” Look at the Top 25 this week. Bama, Baylor, Texas Tech, Virginia Tech and on and on. Zero excuse for being this awful as a program.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2021

I'm not here to drag on Georgia Basketball. I want all of our athletic programs to have success. And I don't know how this season will end, but I must say that I just don't understand why we seem to be -- again -- just stuck in mediocrity. For years Kentucky, Florida and previously, LSU and Arkansas, had strong teams. OK. For argument sake, let's say they're top tier. But in recent years Auburn, Alabama, South Carolina (and now Mizzou) have all shown significant progress in basketball, while the Georgia program just seems to be standing still. I don't think any of our players strike true fear in the hearts of anyone. Inconsistency is our hallmark year after year and I just don't get it. And it has to be more to it than "we're a football school." So is Florida and they have multiple National Championships (in both sports) to hang from the rafters. Again, I don't know what the answer is, but I hope someone does and I hope they share it with us soon. Go Dawgs

• Options
    RedUga4EverRedUga4Ever Posts: 28 ✭ Freshman

With all the talent in the metro ATL area there is no excuse for not being able to recruit. We do well in baseball, so the "football" thing is an excuse. It is sure hard to follow a program that is not even close to being competitive. I used to go to games, but after 10 minutes the game is over. Too far to travel for a blowout. I will say the new look in the Steg is awesome!