Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: South Carolina's Shane Beamer reveals Georgia ties, lessons learned from Kirby Smart

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited February 2021 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: South Carolina's Shane Beamer reveals Georgia ties, lessons learned from Kirby Smart

ATHENS — New South Carolina head coach Shane Beamer has a pretty good idea how he wants to establish his program, and some of those concepts come via Georgia coach Kirby Smart. Beamer is one of three current Power 5 head coaches who were on Smart’s first staff and helped lead the program to the 2017 College Football

Read the full story here

Comments

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

It looks like it's going to be a tough go for Beamer. Seems like a good guy, but he lost a 5-star QB before he even got started. The Dawgs should feast on some high protein chicken for the next few seasons.

• UGADawg44UGADawg44 Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Thanks Mike, that was great!

I’ve always been a huge Beamer fan, both Frank and Shane. In terms of Coaches in the SEC East, I think he will prove to be the best of all of them leaving out CKS - I am biased so won’t even go down that road.

Spurrier raised the chickens to what I believe was very close to their ceiling. I believe, if USC has some patience, that Beamer will do the same and possibly move that ceiling.

I don’t think Beamer will be able to impact UGA much on the field for a couple years, but he will have an immediate impact on recruiting. I am sure that is already being felt in Athens.

Again, assuming USC can have some patience and realistic expectations during the building of a program, I think Carolina will emerge as the constant challenger for the top spot in the East over Florida. Mullen is a clown - he has the Spurrier attitude but without the Spurrier genius. Florida will flash ever 3 or 4 years, too much talent in that state not too, but they will not have the consistency of a Beamer led SC team, imho.

Tenn has been relegated to an after thought. There is good news about the Heupel hire - the next HC hire will have zero chance of being considered a downgrade. I think the Heupel / White hires at UT are so bad that UT will be the cellar dweller of the East for the foreseeable future. UT has sullied it’s brand to the point of mediocrity and futility never before seen from UT. And I’ll point out that UT’s most hated rival is Bama and Bama is sitting at the pinnacle of the sport in the midst of a dynasty never before seen. UT has managed to do almost a reverse mirror image of Bama to the point that it is not foreseeable that UT ends it losing streak to Bama in the next 4 to 5 years - about as far out as one can reasonably predict.

I digress far too late. Love the Beamer hire for SC but not thrilled about having to compete against that program in the years to come. At the same time, the potential for the UF and UT programs from the ‘90’s and 2000’s is gone. Florida hit it’s 3-5 year ceiling this year and UT has dropped it’s potential to occasional also ran.

Mike, a question and pardon my long winded setup - cabin fever here. What do you perceive as the SEC East pecking order 3-4 years from now?

Thank you again and really happy for Shane Beamer and his family. HC’s are like QB’s, you can only have one but I would take Beamer as CKS’s backup very happily.

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior

Has anyone noticed that the UGA schedule that pops up on this site has all the games as @ (at)? I'm pretty sure we don't play an all away schedule next year.