Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

LOOK: Mark Richt back wearing Georgia gear as he celebrates his 60th birthday

SystemSystem Posts: 10,448 admin
edited February 2021 in Article commenting
imageLOOK: Mark Richt back wearing Georgia gear as he celebrates his 60th birthday

Former head coach Mark Richt celebrated his 60th birthday on Thursday and did so in style. The former Georgia and Miami head coach shared a tweet of himself rocking the Georgia G on Thursday. "Today is my birthday and I got a great gift of some Georgia gear! It feels good on me," Richt tweeted.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Say what you will, but he's a DGD. Happy B-day, coach! Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Happy B-Day coach!! DGD!!

• Options
    dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Happy birthday, Coach!

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Haha, he posted a family pic a few days ago all decked out in Miami gear. Some folks were giving him grief about it (jokingly) so I guess he threw them a bone ;)

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I still say the indoor practice facility needed to be named for him. He was a good coach and a great mentor to many. And the indoor facility was something he worked so hard to get. Too bad he was gone before it was completed. Happy Birthday, Coach!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mark Richt is a DGD and a great former HC at the University of Georgia. Happy Birthday and Happy many More To Come.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not the ultimate results we wanted in Athens, but one hell of a man!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Happy Birthday Mark !! Each to their own but to Me he is and will always be a DGD !! He gave his very best at UGA, but his best just wasn’t quite enough to bring home the top prize. Good Coach, Great Man !!

• Options
    ForestryfiremanForestryfireman Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Happy Birthday coach. Hope you’ve had a blessed birthday and I wish you many many more blessed birthdays to come!!!!

• Options
    RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Happy Birthday, Coach Richt! Truly a better coach than many realize. Oh so close several times but didn't get the lucky breaks that some have gotten. Were it not for the rise of Saban, feel Richt would have obtained more SEC titles and an even greater legacy at UGA!

• Options
    okcdawgokcdawg Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman

Happy Birthday Coach!.....although Dawgnation doesn't seem to know which birthday. Headline says 61; article says 60.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What a great man! We were blessed to have him renew our program.