Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Pooch kicks: Ticket or leave it, and a loyal Dawg is gone

SystemSystem Posts: 11,081 admin
edited February 2021 in Article commenting
imagePooch kicks: Ticket or leave it, and a loyal Dawg is gone

Digital admission plan isn’t a hit with some fans; and friends remember John Futch

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I mean, I'm a digital guy (and have always been), but not allowing an older, rich guy to print out a digital ticket is kinda insane. I mean, I probably would print out a backup copy anyway in case my phone died which I'm sure happens a lot when people tailgate.

There's not a real reason to implement that - the barcode is the barcode and so there's no security difference and it's touch free no matter what, so saying that you must have a smartphone is a dumb requirement. I mean, you go to a concert or whatever and people still have physical tickets/pieces of paper with them.

Mark my words, when those big donors start pulling their funding (because they are likely older), the policy will quickly change to allow paper.

• LuvsDawgsLuvsDawgs Posts: 89 ✭✭✭ Junior

Going along with the “inconvenience” of handling digital tickets, you mention we can transfer the tickets thru our ticket account. Can you be more specific and give us examples. If I share my tickets with someone, I’m assuming I just go in and transfer them, but do they HAVE to be donors, or can I transfer them to anyone with an email & cellphone? What if their plans change?...can they just transfer the tickets BACK to me, or to another person?? Will the school be using this transfer-tracking info AGAINST us...assuming we’re selling them?? Speaking of selling them, how does that work if the person does want to sell them on StubHub, EBay, or one of the other ticket venues??

For what it’s worth, I didn’t have any problems with the digital tickets last year, but we used all of them, and didn’t get involved with transferring any.

Thanks!

• BillKingBillKing Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

LuvsDawgs, those are questions for the UGA Ticket Office, but my understanding is you can transfer them to anyone who has email.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is no logical reason to not allow a full capacity crowd in Sanford stadium this fall. Many hundreds of thousands will have been vaccinated by then. I just received my second shot and I have documentation to prove it.

Yes, there would be some logistics involved, but start with the socially distanced capacity of 20,524 fans ( the biggest contributors ) and then allow those with vaccine documentation to buy the remaining tickets.

• bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Regarding the snide dismissal of Johnny Futch by Bear Bryant at Sanford Stadium, if that was at the conclusion of the 1976 game (UGA 21, Bama 0), I think he would likely have said the same about Vince Dooley as they were leaving the field.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It will be nice to see the crooked scalpers disappear.