Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football podcast: JT Daniels earns offseason praise as QB 'on the rise'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,665 admin
edited March 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football podcast: JT Daniels earns offseason praise as QB 'on the rise'

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2021

The Proof with Daniels will start on September 4th. I'm not sold on him 100% yet, but I do think he is an above average QB and a great addition at UGA. I do question his mobility and his decision making. Clemson will challenge both of those items. Talk to me when the game is over.

I will say this though: The Dawgs have the distinct advantage at QB over EVERY other SEC team in 2021...Sure, Nix has plenty of experience at Auburn, but has struggled at points during his career and has yet to complete 60 percent of his passes. 

Great quarterback play leads to team success in football. It's the most important singular position in all of sports and headed into the 2021 season, Georgia has a significant advantage over the remainder of the SEC. 

Take a look at the position around the league:

SEC East

• Florida: Zero career starts on the roster
    • Tennessee: Presumed starter Harrison Bailey (three starts) 
    • South Carolina: No clear starter. 
    • Kentucky: Presumed starter Joey Gatewood (one start) 
    • Vanderbilt: No clear starter
    • Missouri: Presumed starter Connor Bazelak (10 starts) 
    • Georgia: JT Daniels (16 starts) 

SEC West

• Alabama: Presumed starter Bryce Young (no starts) 
    • LSU: No clear starter. 
    • Auburn: Bo Nix, (24 starts) 
    • Ole Miss: Matt Corral (14 starts) 
    • Arkansas: No clear starter
    • Texas A&M: No clear starter
    • Mississippi State: Will Rogers (five starts) 

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

HIs mobility should be fine provided he's completely healed. While he's not considered a running QB or dual threat as they say, however his senior year in high-school he outrushed in yards per carry the likes of Bryce Young(BAMA's "dual threat" QB and our very own Brock Vandergriff(who is known to tote the rock:). So, while he's too slightly built to be a running QB say at the goal line or 3rd and 2 in the SEC, he's nimble enough to scramble when needed.

As far as decision making goes, I don't think there is a brighter QB around as far as knowing what the defense is doing and going to do on any certain play and knowing where to distribute the ball. At the same time he is very instinctual IMO. I would put his HS game tapes up against anyone else's and feel very comfortable.

I guess I'm all in, as they say.