Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

atlanta braves, mlbtv, fox regional sports, excuse my rant

philipsmith99philipsmith99 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Once again trying to figure out how to watch braves on a regular basis. subscribed to dish in 2019 and fox regional sports were part of package, was dropped in late summer as pennant races heated up. Both parties had the normal responses, each party blames the other for being unreasonable. I dropped dish this year when my contract expired and am now using youtubetv. I was aware at the time that you tube tv and hulu both had dropped fox regional.

When i look on the fox sports app the only solution i possibly see for me is a streaming svc from at and t , anyone with any experience with this? My past experience with at and t was not good. i understand direct tv still carries but refuse to get into another long term contract with a cable tv company

now for my rant, has any other sport done more to run away fans than mlb. All we have heard for years is how younger generation is turning away from baseball, and now to make it more appealing mlb wants to make watching your favorite team harder. Does anyone understand mlb s blackout rule. Last year some braves games were shown on national networks and others were blacked out.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Comments

• gooddawggooddawg Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ Junior

ATT quality is very good. however their pricing and customer service is beyond horrible. google suppose tv and it will let you pick the channels you want and then show you your options.

• philipsmith99philipsmith99 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When I looked up streaming options on at t plans it did not list fox regional in any plans, even most expensive plans. Only listed fox1 and fox2 in sports list. I live in rural sc 25 or so miles from augusta ga which are my home stations. I dont know if that makes a difference.

Kept referring me to direct tv plans.

• FloridaSuxFloridaSux Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited March 2021

Mlbtv app is pretty inexpensive for the season. I drive a semi so thats how i keep up with the braves. Only blackout on the app is when game is on espn or fox. Im lucky though my wife's work gives us a season pass every year.

Also on app can watch any other games as well which is pretty cool

So if I have mlbtv, espn, and fox1 and 2 I should be able to watch all games.

I will have to check this out. I thought when I looked at mlbtv home games were blacked out.

What about games on tbs, I thought some of those were blacked out last year.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Philip- if you have follow up questions for folks that comment on your thread, you have to use the "quote" button at the bottom of their comment or else "at" them in your post, e.g. @gooddawg and @FloridaSux. Just FYI.

Thanks. I am trying to get info from the group from anyone who has experience using different apps, etc.

I have no personal experience with mlbtv but will recheck website.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I understand that you're looking for input from the entire forum, but in separate instances on this thread, you responded conversationally to posters without using either of the methods to notify them. I concluded that you might not be aware of how the site operates. If I was mistaken, please forgive me.

• FloridaSuxFloridaSux Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not sure about fs1 and 2 for this year. I know last year it didn't affect them being on the app. And tbs was just playoffs i believe. Still got to watch the 1st 2 rds of playoffs last year on app

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2021

@philipsmith99 My rant on MLB driving fans away: does anyone else but me just like to watch the dang game? If you go to a stadium they have all this excessively loud walk-up music, silly kiss-cams, goofy between-inning contests and other constant nonsense. Sure, I’m glad they retired the old cheesy organ music from the 1970s, but have our attention spans regressed so much that there must be a constant barrage of commercials at the ballpark? I won’t even mention the cost of parking, Cokes and tickets which practically require a mortgage. Take me out to the ballgame...not.

• SATX_DAWGSATX_DAWG Posts: 36 ✭✭✭ Junior

I have MLB tv but I live out in South Texas so every game not nationally televised I can get with MLB TV. For nationally televised games I use YouTube TV.

Problem is, if you live in “Braves country” you'll fall under Fox Sports Southeast and every regional game in your area will be blacked out.

Folks out here get real upset because the Rangers have a deal with Fox Sports Southwest, so if you're a Astros fan you can't even go with At&t or Direct Tv to watch the games. To top it off, you can't even get Astros games with MLB TV because you're subject to blackouts. SMH the whole system is a mess.

Definitely in "Braves Country" so looks like I am left hoping some streaming svc makes a deal with sinclair . Don t want to buy mlbtv for half the games.

On a positive note Augusta Greenjackets are now in Braves farm system.

• mdpuck13mdpuck13 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yes..."in-market" games are blacked-out in mlbtv, but you can use a service called YonderTV for $30 for an entire year (or $20 for 6 months) to bypass the blackouts.

I've used mlb.tv and YonderTV for two seasons now and have been happy.

National games (ESPN, FOX, etc.) are supposed to be blacked-out (not by-passable by YonderTV), but we have an antenna for FOX and just don't worry about ESPN games.

Have still not made up my mind on mlbtv for this season. I can not understand why mlb executives want to make it so difficult to watch their product.

Yesterday s exhibition game blacked out, when you should be doing everything possible to attract interest. Not like there is nothing else going on to take viewers away from baseball.

Out of sight, out of mind!

Bit the bullet with at&t streaming svc. First impression of negotiating app is not great. At least I have been able to eventually find what I want to watch.

Any tips from current subscribers to make it easier. YouTube tv seemed very simple compared to at&t guide.

Not off to a good start. Screen freezes every few seconds, have seen 1 ball put into play. No issues with commercials. Have had no issues with other streaming svcs.

When screen freezes have to go to another channel and then come back to Braves channel.

If this continues will soon say bye to at&t.

• TomGoDawgsTomGoDawgs Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

I canceled at&t tv when it froze on me on UGAs game winning drive vs Cincy.

Switched to YouTube TV and like it, but as you've said it doesn't have braves.

So now I have YouTube TV and an app called UZZU. It's $20/month but supposed to have access to every game. We will see. So far so good.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No chop....no Braves.

• MWorkman17MWorkman17 Posts: 229 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I bought a subscription to Uzzu as well. So far so good. They say it is 100% legal, but I don't see how because it just seems too good to be true.

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

...and, they just moved the All-Star game...