Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia basketball rally falls short, final shot misses mark in SEC tourney

SystemSystem Posts: 10,484 admin
edited March 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia basketball rally falls short, final shot misses mark in SEC tourney

Georgia’s basketball season could be over after a furious rally from 12 down in the final stages of its SEC tournament opener came up one shot short against Missouri on Thursday night. Bulldogs graduate transfer P.J. Horne got an open look from beyond the 3-point mark, but his shot failed to draw rim and the horn

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GramsterGramster Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

Normally a huge Crean critic, all I gotta say about last night is "Great effort!" A loss is a loss but loved the never quit passion the team played with last night. When teams play sloppy it is usually one of two factors, poor preparation or great effort on the defensive side of the ball. Last night I saw both teams play physical fast and hard, unfortunately the pups came up just a little short, but I reiterate, great effort, look forward to next season. Go Dawgs.

• Options
    DawgNoleDawgNole Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman

UGA turnover right before the half and the subsequent Mizzou 3-pointer at the halftime buzzer told us how this one was gonna end. And--sure enough--Dawgs lost by 3. Such a shame that year after year, decade after decade this team so seldom snares in-state blue-chip talent that it cannot give Georgia's basketball fans any hope for a championship.

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

Losing Amanze Ngumezi-PF and Rodney Howard-C hurt Cream and now teams are benefiting from their lack of size. Cream needs to recruit players like Derek Ogbeide who can hold down the paint but he gotta build a fence around the state to keep teams from taking majority of the state's best players. To me, it doesn't make sense for these players to leave the state because Cream has a reputation of producing nba players. He has produced the same amount of 1st round picks as uga has in it's entire history. Not many coaches can do that. Wake up guys!

Tom Cream produces nba players!

Marquette -  2003 Dwyane Wade 1st rd, 

2005 Travis Diener 2nd rd

2006 Steve Novak 2nd rd

Indiana   -   2010 Jordan Crawford 1st rd

2013 Victor Oladipo 1st rd

2013 Cody Zeller 1st rd

2014 Noah Vonleh 1st rd

2017 OG Anunoby 1st rd

2017 Thomas Bryant 1st rd

Georgia   -  2019 Nicolas Claxton 2nd rd

2020 Anthony Edwards 1st rd

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@maconexpress - it’s CREAN not Cream.

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

My apology coach Crean. I didn't mean to misspell your name.