Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 things from Kirby Smart: Offensive transition, JT Daniels, defensive reload

SystemSystem Posts: 10,706 admin
edited March 2021 in Article commenting
image3 things from Kirby Smart: Offensive transition, JT Daniels, defensive reload

Georgia football quarterback JT Daniels has great familiarity with the Bulldogs' offense that should lead to more proficiency

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“His mobility has improved this offseason. He’s been able to move around, conditioning himself with the knee. So we’re excited to see where it goes.”

Great to hear that statement as JT's lack of mobility has been a concern of mine.

“We’re going to find out. I feel like we’ve got some really good run stoppers up front, (but) who is going to be the Azeez (Ojulari) on the edge?,Who is gong to be the dominant rusher on the edge — is it going be Nolan (Smith)? Is it going to be by committee, (or) is it going to be by scheme?

“How are we going to use Adam Anderson, who we think is a really hard guy to block. We have to find ways to use him on the field."

Seems Kirby understands how important it is for the Dawgs to create the pressure & havoc on defense. It's an imperative.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I just want a healthy boring spring. No scandals, injuries, or momentum stealing drama. We have a great team and I'd like them to have the full opportunity to show what they can do.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He certainly improved? From what exactly?

Like you mean the 1st game he go into he threw for 400 yards? IF he wasn't comfortable in the system, then that certainly bodes well for when he "gets comfortable".

Improved from what? He didn't know the offense? He's supposed to be a brilliant study of the game-so hard to believe.

Improved in passing from running the scout team? The guy didn't forget how to throw a football.

Improved from a mobility/ physical stand point? OK. I can see that, but Kirby makes it seem like he wasn't that good a QB choice but got better as he went along throwing it. Not buying it.

Sorry, just seems like Kirby is still covering his tracks on not using JT sooner. I could be wrong though.

• Options
    SCDawgFanSCDawgFan Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

I predict Anderson will become a sack machine!!

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

The biggest obstacle UGA face this season is playing Clemson on Sept 4th period. Winning this game will eliminate a ton of pressure on Kirby and his program throughout a long season (up into the UF Cocktail party). On the other hand... flying home Sept 4th with a L will add even more pressure from the national media, The SEC media, Other teams and their fans and most importantly from within the Dawgnation family and most importantly on the UGA players/program and it's head coach.

I'm not saying if we lose on Sept 4th we are not going to be able to run the table,, play for an SEC title, secure a playoff spot and play for and win the elusive mythical National title. What I'm saying not beating a top ranked Clemson team looks like in the eye's of nay sayers UGA is still far enough away from winning it all that we continue to be not taken seriously as a top contender even with our elite roster year after year.

UGA needs to take the next step on Sept 4th to have one hand atop the mountain... Victory is close and we are well positioned to put two hands on the mountain and pull our program with two feet and stand tall on top of the 40 plus year elusive mythical National Championship mountain and hoist the NC trophy high above.

Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    Ga_fan1969Ga_fan1969 Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

K S all that I ask is turn the defense and offense loose.

let your support staff loose and set back and enjoy!!