Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart’s Dawgs are back in pads, and fans have a spring in their step

SystemSystem Posts: 10,499 admin
edited March 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart’s Dawgs are back in pads, and fans have a spring in their step

Still, there’s a long way to go before college football returns to ‘normal’

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CDC and present administration ok with open borders, while we lock down, we've been played.

• Options
    Dawgbreath40Dawgbreath40 Posts: 54 ✭ Freshman
    edited March 2021

Bill, if you are going to write about life “getting back to normal”, and that is truly what you want, then I would believe it a lot more if not for the comments you made toward the end of your article...

If you get the vaccination and are two weeks removed from getting the second dose(shot), then you can drop wearing the masks.

As Senator Rand Paul, a Doctor as well as a seasoned politician, so eloquently put it last week, if you are vaccinated and/or you have tested positive for COVID and you have since recovered, continuing to wear a mask serves no purpose but for theatre.

if myself and millions of others want college football “normalcy” in the Fall of 2021, they shouldn’t have to wear masks to do it.

Otherwise, there is no point in getting the vaccine, is there? [rhetorical question, Bill]

Why would anyone get the vaccine if they are going to be “forced” or “shamed” into wearing masks for just purposes of “theatre”?

Those last two sentences that you wrote do not promote normalcy for the upcoming football season.

I get my second dose next week, and I am looking forward to the two week countdown afterwards because these masks I have been wearing for almost a year are going into a storage box in the closet. They will serve absolutely no actual useful or substantive purpose after I am vaccinated.

and yes, Go Dawgs!!!

🇺🇸 🐶 🇺🇸

• Options
    BillKingBillKing Posts: 62 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited March 2021

Rand Paul, who is a self-certified ophthalmologist, and the CDC, which is our nation's agency in charge of dealing with infectious diseases, do not agree when it comes to the need to continue to wear masks after vaccination — in most situations. The difference seems to be more political, than scientific. The CDC says small groups of people who are fully vaccinated can drop the masks when they're with other people who are fully vaccinated. But the agency is asking people to continue to follow the recommended precautions when out in public, in order to speed up getting the pandemic under control. If you choose to ignore the CDC's guidance, that's your right, of course.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fauuci says we'll have to wear masks into 2022. The goal post keep moving. So much political theatre. Now he's worried about the variants. Variants aren't going away. Don't believe everything you are spoon fed. Fear controls people. It's not like politicians would want to do that, right?

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Masks, most hate them, some love them, some just love covering their face. I predict masks will be here to stay for quite awhile, even after the pandemic is under control. Another thing to consider also, if COVID 19 could spread like it did, and cause the hundreds of thousands of deaths world wide, you can bet your bottom dollar, that some countries are already trying to produce even more deadly viruses to release on mankind. If you believe this was just an accident, then I have a bridge in my backyard that spans the Mississippi River and is only underwater during dry spells.

• Options
    edited April 2021

@tommielee

I predict masks will be gone where I live by the end of April.

It is already happened at gas stations and grocery stores in town, even with signs still on the doors, about half the people that go inside are not wearing masks.

I had my second jab last week, and I will not be wearing a silly mask that doesn’t protect anyone from an airborne virus regardless.

I played along and bayed as a sheep for almost a year, but not anymore.

As far as your comment about a country releasing this type of thing on a population again? No, I do not doubt the possibility.

but the question is, why is our current government not investigating thoroughly where this virus came from in the first place?

Am I supposed to believe that this is the first virus in two centuries that scientists and governments can’t discover patient zero and origin? With the technology that is available in 2021?

Speaking of bridges in your back yard...

Sell them to the people that believe that!

• Options
    edited April 2021

@BillKing

So, care to update your messaging in regards to the CDC and mask wearing now that they have updated theirs since you last posted less than 2 weeks ago?

I guess they are in line with the non-certified ophthalmologist Senator now in regards to masks:

Walensky was referring to a new CDC studythat suggests those fully inoculated with the vaccines produced by Moderna and Pfizer don’t transmit the virus. Researchers looked at how the shots protected nearly 4,000 health-care workers, first responders, and other essential workers toiling in eight U.S. locations against the virus and more-contagious variants. Following a single dose of either vaccine, the participants’ risk of infection was reduced by 80 percent, and that figure jumped to 90 percent after the second dose. Without infection, people are unable to spread the virus.

So, Bill, like I posted two weeks ago and Rand Paul made very clear, if you have the vaccine or have already been infected and recovered, you cannot spread the Chinese coronavirus to others, at a football game in Athens or anywhere else for that matter.

Hence, no reason whatsoever to wear a mask for theatre or any other silly reason.