Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

West Virginia's star DB enters transfer portal; played under new UGA assistant

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited March 2021 in Article commenting
imageWest Virginia's star DB enters transfer portal; played under new UGA assistant

West Virginia defensive back Tykee Smith announced he was entering the NCAA's transfer portal on Wednesday night, and that created a buzz among UGA fans. Why was that? Smith was the prize pupil at West Virginia under defensive backs coach Jahmile Addae, who was recently hired at UGA in the same role. Naturally it led

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Please transfer to UGA!!

• Options
    JackJack Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe he is as good or better than we have now? Who knows? But I like the guys we have on our roster right now to compete at a high level. It would be great if he decides to enroll at UGA but we are not going to miss a beat otherwise imho.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's an interesting world this transfer portal stuff brings, isn't it.

I can't imagine Kirby & Company not giving consideration to this player, and would almost guess such consideration might have been hinted at prior to his decision to enter the portal. Almost.

I don't know exactly what the rules are, but we all have some idea how the games are played.

Still, the headline is pure guesswork as far as we know to the degree it hints at any reason to believe there is a strong enough UGA connection to be sure of anything. Such is the off season.

The article does not mention where he's from (and sometimes geographic and family considerations and homesickness seem to factor in). It also mentions nothing about interest from any top programs (or any programs for that matter).

I'm not being critical of the guesswork nor the headline. It is the off season. It is the transfer portal. The player did have a neighbor in 4th grade who had a bulldog the player liked to pet.

I'm sure we'll hear more.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very physical dude. Would be a great addition.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he's better than the DBs we already have, he'll have to be a heckuva lot better than good. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

I like our guys! This is what top ranked recruiting classes are for.....Ride or Die Dawgs!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let's see ... Tykee Smith is in the portal so he can leave West Virginia where Jahmile Addae used to coach. Jahmile Addae Is now coaching at Georgia ... Does anyone think that there may be a connection? I hope so.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

When it's announced his new school is UGA, then wake me up. Until then, UGA will have to play with the DB's they have on the roster.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I like what I see and hear about this young man. Go Dawgs!