Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia WR Jermaine Burton suffers knee injury in practice

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited March 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia WR Jermaine Burton suffers knee injury in practice

ATHENS — Georgia receiver Jermaine Burton was carted off the practice field in Tuesday’s practice behind Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall. The injury could be a hyperextended knee, according to a source with knowledge of the practice. The extent or possibility of ligament damage was not known at the time of this writing.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Jee

Zus

Christ

Does it ever end?

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dang! Just dang! The Dawg injury curse continues! SMH!

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 351 ✭✭✭ Junior

what is this with Tuesdays and WR knee injuries?? Maybe the WRs need Tuesdays off.

• Options
    PmaybePmaybe Posts: 9 ✭✭✭ Junior

Starting to think this season is going to be painful

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Something is not right with our conditioning regimen and practices. This is no coincidence any longer.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Someone needs to spray holy water out there asap....

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you don’t have any good players left after going hard in practice, you’re chances of winning the NC goes down considerably. Can we please find someone that can put a strength drill that can strengthen knees to limit these type of injuries? Good grief! But....

Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Burton's hyper-extended knee could be serious. One by one the WRs are falling to knee injuries. Something may be wrong in training and conditioning. Hard to tell from my armchair. Really bad fortune. Have to wait and see what Kirby does now...? I would do something before there is no one left to step up. Remember, the G-Day game sends some to the locker room every year as well! UGA's serious preseason WR attack via Monken is taking a big hit. We'll know more shortly. UGA needs all the elite help it can get for the Clemson clash.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

The area of strength and conditioning has changed significantly over the last few years. Some teams have realized this and have changed the way they work with and prepare their players. You see this in the reduction of soft tissue injuries. It will take HCs time to process this change and the make changes in their programs. It would appear CKS needs to evaluate this area of his program.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Are you **** kidding me.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 2021

This bs chicken little reaction to the strength and conditioning regimen is ridiculous. Do you really think that UGA's staff is doing/or not doing something to cause these injuries? Are you high? Stuff happens at elite programs when you go hard in practice. That's football. That's the nature of the beast. Scream at lady luck if you have a problem, but Kirby is on top of every detail and it ain't going to change.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgone it this is getting uglier and uglier. Let’s all hope and pray it’s just a bad sprain which alone is bad enough but hope and pray it’s not a tear or any other damage. Y’all I’m sure no coach or expert by a long shot. Just a devoted fan. I know you can’t really replace guys like these two so the only other option is to try to get the job done by committee. That said we know the remaining receivers are gonna have to step up BIG !! And we know we have RBs that do pretty good catching the ball. So I went to the roster and took a closer look at the TE position. We know we have the Big O Darnel that can help us. But maybe the coaches can dig on down into that position. I’ll let y’all go and do your own reading but we have from what I saw three more TE’s other than DW that have the potential to be of real help. Yes one of them has been on the injured list but as I understand it he’s coming back. Then the two receivers coming in the summer. I think collectively the Offense can still be very potent. But we can’t afford any more Long Term injuries. Let’s hope & pray that Burton’s injury is a short term situation. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our 2 best receivers? Seriously?

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

For all you that question Kirby's strength and conditioning program. I will bet you that the program at UGA is elite. Knee's are fragile to begin with, and there is no exercise that will strengthen them. You can build up the muscles above and below the knee and stretch the tendons and ligaments that helps the knee bend. Athletes suffer knee injuries at a higher rate than the average coach potato. I pray Burton's injury is just a sprain, and that he heals quickly. I haven't heard if Pickens has had surgery yet.