Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

NFL plans indicate Georgia football could have capacity crowds this season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited March 2021 in Article commenting
imageNFL plans indicate Georgia football could have capacity crowds this season

Georgia football could be playing in front of capacity crowds this season if the COVID-19 pandemic is under control, as the NFL says it plans to have full stadiums

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Apparently this site has decided to limit the size of comments so this is a two parter.

After much thought and soul searching, I received both shots of the Moderna vaccine, the second on February 9. I'm 78 years old and the oldest in my immediate family (siblings, children, etc.) I decided to be the guinea pig for my family. I have noticed no ill effects and have asked my family to consider taking the vaccine. I am adamantly against any government requiring it for anyone. End of part 1.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Part 2 of 2 The key is that there has been no long term tests done on any of these. Since the virus pandemic is less than two years old, it will be many years before there are long term studies so I regard it as a gamble with a high payoff (of course the negative long term could be very bad). I think all people under 60 (a somewhat arbitrary age) need to give the decision to receive or not a great deal of thought.

Please excuse the long windedness of this comment not directly related to UGA football. I think what I had to say is important.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To rhbatch, I really appreciate your insight, attitude, and advice on this issue. Just good ole common sense approach. But still allowing people freedom by not having a govt. mandate that forces people to get it. I haven’t gotten it Yet. But depending on my blood numbers with my cancer I fully intend to around the first of June, at least I hope to. One size does not fit all with this situation. You are a wise man with sage advice and I appreciate it !! Best wishes to You and your family. God Bless You & All of Dawg Nation !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    Dawgbreath40Dawgbreath40 Posts: 54 ✭ Freshman

Don’t tell Bill King that!

His head may explode.

Full attendance!

No masks!

Egadds!!!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No government mandate, but common sense should tell people to get vaccinated to help get this killer virus under control. My wife and I received our second dose this past Tuesday. Yesterday we both ran a low grade fever, her 99.6, me 99.2. Today, both of us 97.5. It would be great to fill up Sanford Stadium again. Coaches are getting the vaccine, the players need to get it also. Hopefully no college game is canceled this season because of COVID, also we owe Vandy big time this season.

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 256 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited April 2021

Got my second dose today, zero side effects, so far. Common sense would tell people to get vaccinated. I'm desperate to get Sanford Stadium full and Charlotte full too.

rhbatch - good points.....True, no long term studies have been done on the effects of the vaccine because you can't do that until there has been a "long term". However, for the same reason there can't be any long term studies done on the effects of the virus. This virus is scary and I personally know of people (some in my family) who have had it that didn't show many symptoms, but are experiencing weird problems afterwards (loss of smell and taste, brain fog, etc.). Now they're calling those people "long haulers". I will risk my reservations of taking the vaccine over my risks for getting the virus. I'm 60 so "long term" has a new meaning for me. However, big pharma has been studying this approach/science for vaccines way before this virus, so I tend to trust it. Actually, this new approach could dramatically change the world's approach to vaccines. As far as giving it a "great deal of thought" I would suggest giving it a "great deal of research". Research reputable sources (ex: Johns Hopkins, etc.) and not non-medical/political sites and then make your decison.

navydawg, You are totally correct, one size does NOT fit all and I hope you do well in your battle. Honestly, it wouldn't matter if government "required" it or not. People would still get it based on what they want to do, this is America. How in the world could gov't "require" it and enforce it....not happening. That just wouldn't happen. No one can require ME to put a shot in my arm. Your situation is in my thoughts and I hope everything works out for you....and truly, thank you for your service.

dawgbreath40, Bill King is a DGD, and he has common sense. People like him are the reason that stadiums will be full this fall.

Bottom Line - get vaccinated, wear masks (at least for a couple months), distance (as much as you can) , do this and don't let the variants take hold, plz, plz, and lets all reap the benefits and fill Sanford Stadium against UAB. Nothing like it - GO DAWGS

• Options
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Well, I didn't word my vaccine statement very well and some of it was actually wrong. Gov't could require you to get a shot. In fact, vaccines can legally be required by schools and employers...and have been in the past. My point was that gov't can't arbitrarily give shots without good cause and proof that it is in the best interest of the people. That's why I got my shots and I hope others will consider doing the same.