Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Justin Fields No. 5 quarterback in Todd McShay 2021 NFL mock draft

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited April 2021 in Article commenting
imageJustin Fields No. 5 quarterback in Todd McShay 2021 NFL mock draft

Former Georgia quarterback Justin Fields had great success at Ohio State, but NFL analysts have been critical in mock drafts

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Robert Griffin III career has shown him having a bum knee, as he doesn't show trust in his OL and runs first. Fields shows the same mistrust in his OL. All QB's that seem to do a lot of running will eventually pay the price, because LB's and DB's don't mind laying some wood to them when they have a chance to.

• Options
    vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

I would like to see Atlanta take Fields at number 4.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Florida had 2 receivers that will go in the 1st round and another 2nd or 3rd rounder. I believe North Western had one of the best pass defenses in the nation. Fields threw 6 TD's against CLEMSON!. Some of the stuff you read makes no sense. He'll be the 3rd QB off the board. Won't make it past 5. I will put myself up against McShay and we'll see who guessed right.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

Haha, right! Connor Riley and Mike must be proof reading each other’s work, these guys are horrible! Bring back Chip and Seth please! Thank you...all of DawgNation.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Years ago, when this was still openly an AJC page, I could always tell a Chip Towers piece without looking at the by line. I would get to the third or fourth glaring misprint and say to myself, "did Towers write this?" Invariably, a quick scroll to the top of the article would confirm my suspicion. And that was before reporters had the option of writing their pieces on their phones, which I assume is the reason for the bulk of the obvious errors in the current DN model. I guess what I'm trying to say is yeah, it's pretty bad, but it's certainly nothing new. But hey, it's a free site. We're still getting more than we pay for.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t watch the NFL because it is more about politics than the actual game. Whichever team plays a schedule of patsy defenses that allows receivers to run wide open so there is no need to make more than the first read, should be the team to take Fields. The “One read, tuck and run” offense employed by the Bucknuts for Fields should be easily employed in the NFL. To expect more from Fields is wishful thinking. The same pre-draft concerns are the same ones that kept him on the bench at UGA.

• Options
    WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

All of you are on the pipe and hitting the sauce pretty heavily if you think Fields is only the fifth best QB in this draft. He doesn't go through his progressions; he runs too much. This reminds me when everyone said Cam Newton couldn't play QB and Tebow was much better. I guess we all saw what happened there.

Fields just ran a 4.4 40 with a canon arm and only lost 3 or 4 games as a starter. If I recall, Todd McShay said the same thing about Lamar Jackson and Russell Wilson and we see where they are today. The same McShay who had Chubb going in the 3rd or 4th round. The same McShay who said Jake Fromm would go in the 1st round. C'mon people, he gets paid to say craziness around this time of the year...

Go Dawgs!!!!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Who...the heck.....cares?

Good grief, get the draft done so we never have to read about this lying transfer again. Seriously, he was a student at UGA for a single year....2 years ago. Why is this even on here?

• Options
    emanresuemanresu Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fields tan is very, very questionable but other than that he looks like the best QB prospect out there to me.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ranking Fields below Lance and Wilson is a joke. You have to look at the teams they played against. I would still rank Lawrence above him, but it’s crazy to believe he will be the fifth QB taken.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he had transferred to UGA and performed like he did at Ohio St. he would be considered the best QB since Buck Belue and no one, and I mean no one on here would be criticizing his "read progression". Hilarious. Just a bunch of butt hurt folks.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Trey Lance is intriguing, He's basically had 1 college season under his belt and that was in 19. However, in that 1 season he was absolutely flawless. I'm not sure I would rank him above Fields but I can see why one would. Fields accuracy under pressure is the concern. Of his 3 playoff experiences outside of the porous defenses of the Big 10, Fields looked very good against Clemson but appeared to look less than average against Alabama and even worse in the 2019 Sugar Bowl against North Western.

Mond is a high risk pick to me within the first 2 rounds. I don't think he'll be taken before the 4th round. Trevor Lawrence is good and to me the best college qb of this years draft stock and will be a successful NFL qb. My pick behind Lawrence would be Mac Jones. If I have a true pro style offense and know he is going to have good protection, I would pick Jones ahead of Lawrence. Wilson is good and has the heart of a lion. However, I'm not sure he will be elite in the NFL much less with the Jets. If were Wilson, I would be hoping Fields and Jones are up ahead of me on the big board that will count.