Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brock Bowers looks to show why he's been the top freshman on G-Day

SystemSystem Posts: 10,491 admin
edited April 2021 in Article commenting
imageBrock Bowers looks to show why he's been the top freshman on G-Day

Brock Bowers' parents were skeptical at first. They knew their son was good at football thanks to his obvious size and speed. But good enough to be one of the top tight end prospects in the country? Good enough to earn eventual offers from the likes of USC, LSU and Notre Dame before ultimately signing with Georgia?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RedUga4EverRedUga4Ever Posts: 28 ✭ Freshman

Looks like a possible game-breaker type of athlete. I still am not sold on that Kirby will use tight ends as anything but a blocker. If we cannot produce yards and scores with the tight end talent we have then we never will. Excited for G-Day!

• Options
    jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ Junior

Welcome to UGA, Mr. Bowers!!! Also Happy Birthday, DRob!!! I too am excited about the season. Hopeful about the good things I am hearing about many players, including DRob. Hope this is a breakout year for many on the team. Who would have ever thought that a "hybrid" tight end would be 6'4" and 230 lbs? Go DAWGS

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope Bowers turns out to be worthy of the off-season hype. But mainly, I hope ALL of our guys come out of G-Day without any injuries. I wouldn't be the least bit upset if they just played flag football. Or even e-sports. The NFL is starting to go without "spring practice" and because colleges eventually follow the pros, I'm sure in time we'll see it happen in college, too. There wasn't spring ball last year and the regular season turned out just fine.

Secondly, though, is the new transfer rule. Now NCAA football and basketball is just a mini-version of the NFL and NBA, guys go somewhere, stay a year and then move on at will. All this bs these high school recruits spout about the "academics" and wanting to play where it "feels like home," is just a lot of hooey. I already knew this, but now the NCAA has codified it.