Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Governor Kemp hopeful Georgia football 'back to normal' with full stadiums, tailgating

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited April 2021 in Article commenting
imageGovernor Kemp hopeful Georgia football 'back to normal' with full stadiums, tailgating

Georgia football fans had a tough fight to obtain tickets to the annual G-Day Game spring scrimmage,  which took place in front of a limited and socially-distanced crowd Saturday afternoon. However, Georgia governor Brian Kemp believes those restrictions could be a thing of the past the next time UGA fans get

Read the full story here

Comments

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Brandon - I really wish you'd just gotten a staffer from his office instead of him. I skipped through the interview because I don't want to hear his voice.

• SmokeOnTheWaterSmokeOnTheWater Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

HAHAHA. As long as Kemp and the other moronic GOP leaders in the state continue business as usual, Georgia will remain at the bottom of all states for vaccination rate and make a full stadium nothing more than an incubator. Morons. They are ultimately screwing all of us over.

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kemp has done a poor job of getting the population of Georgia vaccinated. We're behind and it's his fault. It would appear that by the end of the summer, even he could have most of our citizens vaccinated so that we can take these damned masks off and get our freedom restored.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just a week or so ago, the statewide covid "positivity rate" was around 12%, and more recently has dropped to around 9%. Until/unless that number gets to and stays below 5%, it's completely irresponsible to even think about filling Stanford Stadium and the parking lots. Go Dawgs!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't particularly want to talk about politics or state of Georgia's BS, but now that everyone is allowed to get the vaccine in the state of Georgia I think rules should start being firm and clear.

To me, it's simple. Starting in about a month or so, your vaccine card should be checked at the entrance of all major events (sporting events, amusement parks, etc) and if you're fully vaccinated you should be allowed full, unrestricted, non-socially-distanced access. Want to get those people who are refusing to get the vaccine to get it? Tell them they aren't welcome at events.

I haven't kept up with the student population, but hopefully most of them are vaccinated now.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A concern: recent focus groups of anti-vacciners indicated that many will gladly seek out and use fake cards to go to games, theater, cruises, planes, etc. Sad state of affairs, to be sure.

• Dawgbreath40Dawgbreath40 Posts: 54 ✭ Freshman
    edited April 2021

Great job, Governor!

And what a great message he is sending!

Now just send the message to DN’s @BillKing so he can stop with the promoting wearing masks theatre cloaked as Dawg fans returning to “normal”.

I am vaccinated, and as Senator and Doctor Rand and the CDC has made clear, I do not need to wear a mask.

Oh, and great job with SB 202 as well!!!

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Go Dawgs!!!