Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Former Georgia safety Major Burns transfers to LSU

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2021 in Article commenting
imageFormer Georgia safety Major Burns transfers to LSU

Major Burns is heading back to his hometown of Baton Rouge, La., to continue his college career, as the former Georgia safety announced he would be transferring to LSU.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not thrilled about SEC to SEC transfer... BUT, it IS an SEC West Transfer and IS his hometown, so I guess that's reasonable. Good luck to you.

• Dawgbreath40Dawgbreath40 Posts: 54 ✭ Freshman
    edited May 2021

Yet another member of the 2019 number one ranked signing class to either bolt or be medically unable to play...

so that’s 5 of the top 10 rated players from that class that have either transferred or played less than 5 games dues to surgeries from injuries.

This is just part of the reason that IMO these recruiting classes are always held up as a reason to justify some coaches not being put on the hot seat, but the reality is they are too overhyped and do not amount to much if the coaches can’t develop and coach these players up on game day AND get them to stay relatively healthy.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Evidently the safety position looks locked down for the coming year. Maybe not enough speed to man the corner? That seems to be where the concern is. Or it could be he just never fit it at UGA. I wish him the best.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Major Burns was NOT a top 5 recruit in UGA's 2020 class. He was barely rated in the top 200 nationally by Rivals. He wanted to be closer to home. He is. Good luck to him. I believe LSU recruited one 5* S in '20 and two 5* S's in '21. So the grass may NOT be greener. I hope the SEC wises up and leaves the intra conference transfer rules intact. That will keep the SEC from poaching each other's players. Way too much poaching and cherry picking going on.