Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

101 reasons to be a Georgia Bulldog

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
image101 reasons to be a Georgia Bulldog

Big wins, victories over a rival and championships are great, but there’s a lot more to being a Dawgs fan. The people, places, traditions and memories that enrich Dawgs fandom are worth celebrating in their own right.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks Bill for the fun article. I might add to your list Jake Scott riding his motorcycle over Stegeman Coliseum while you and I were students at UGA. I guess we will never know if it really happened, but it’s believable if you knew the legendary football player. He was a crazyfun guy and Evil Knievel reincarnated. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    BillKingBillKing Posts: 62 ✭✭ Sophomore

Actually, Jake's famous ride was before my time at UGA. I didn't start there until the fall of 1970. But I remember hearing about it!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry Bill for thinking you were an old geezer like me. I graduated in 1970 so you are light years younger than me 😉

Jake Scott was definitely a character and an amazing football player so I’m glad you included him on your lIst. He may have been the greatest punt returner of all time because he didn’t know what a “fair catch” was. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

102 Because I was born and raised in Georgia!

103 Because I don't pull for them hated Gainesville Goobers!

104 Because Tech suuuuucks!

105 Because, well, it's Great to be a Georgia Bulldog!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not bad, but I wouldn’t have a list like this without Herschel. I would have added the 1990 baseball national championship and the 1983 basketball final four team.

Go Dawgs!! Beat clemson!!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A fantastic read Bill! Thank you! Brings back a LOT of fond memories...

GO DAWGS!!